x. soup

She didn't know how long she slept that night, but she felt like she could've slept longer no matter how long. She woke up to the sunlight coming through the spaces between her blinds and two male voices she distinctly recognized as Namjoon and Yoongi's. She could hear bits and pieces of the good-hearted conversation they were having, the two occasionally sharing a laugh here and there.

She eventually sat up in the bed, checking her phone to see what time it was. Noon. She had slept for almost 15 hours. Both the boys turned their attention towards her, Yoongi coming over to make sure she was okay before sitting on the bed next to her. "I'm fine," she laughed, resting her head lightly on his shoulder for she didn't want to cause him any pain.

"Your manager came over here while you were asleep. She said that today you can just stay here and rest, but tomorrow you're gonna be back to working on stuff. Yoongi-hyung wanted to stay here with you today, so he's gonna be here instead," Namjoon listed, Minju just nodding along. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"I'm gonna be fine, I promise. Just go and get some rest," She reassured him. He gave the pair one final look before he went out the door and down to the car that was outside to take him back to their dorms.

"How are you feeling?" Yoongi asked, pulling her almost into his lap so they could both lay down.

"Better," she answered, playing with his fingers as she looked up at him. "I slept for a while so that definitely helped. Is your manager okay with you being here today with debut stuff and all?"

"He was against it at first, but I don't care," he shrugged. "I love music, but you're just as important." He placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head as he pulled her tighter into his chest.

She could've stayed like that forever. She wished she could. For possibly the first time since she signed her contract, she felt almost at peace. The tv provided them with some entertainment as they went through the channels, pointing out one thing before they went looking again. They eventually chose some random movie that at least looked decent enough.

After a while of them laying there, Yoongi suddenly stood up. "Come on." Minju didn't get to say a word before he took her hand, dragging her into the kitchen, and sitting her down in a chair. "You're going to eat something today, I don't care how small as long as it's something," he paused for a moment. "And you're not going to the bathroom immediately afterward either." Minju's heart jumped in her chest.

She didn't think he knew. How did he know? Did Namjoon hear her last night and then tell him? Did he hear her at the set yesterday when she ran off? Her mind raced and she forgot what she was even in the kitchen for until a small bowl of soup was placed in front of her. Yoongi sat in the chair next to her, his eyes diverting between her, the soup, and back again.

"I know that you've been making yourself sick."

There it is.

She opened her mouth to speak but Yoongi didn't let her. "I went to check on you after you ran off yesterday and I heard you in the bathroom, and Namjoon told me that he heard you last night too after you said you were going to take a shower." She was speechless. She didn't know at what point she had started to cry, but she wiped a tear off her cheek but it was soon replaced by more.

"I'm sorry." That was all she could say. She didn't know what else to say. She could feel Yoongi pulling her into another hug, but this time it felt different. It was more like he was protecting her - protecting her from all the bad thoughts that plagued her mind and sent her into a downward spiral. She gripped his shirt, all of the tears and emotions she had bottled up all coming out at that moment.

Yoongi didn't say a word. He sat there, letting her cry for he knew how it was. He knew what it was like to have to hide all your emotions, never having anyone who would listen to you. He knew what it was like to never have anyone to comfort you while it felt like you were drowning in yourself and your thoughts. Nobody had been there for him while his depression and anxiety were at their worst so he wanted to be there for her so she didn't feel so alone.

Seeing her in this state pained him. He knew her for years and in such a short time she went from the beautiful outgoing person he met to someone who didn't even look like herself. He wanted to help her, but honestly, he didn't know exactly how. So, he did what he knew how to do and comforted her because he knew that was what was important.

Her cries eventually died into little sniffles before nothing at all. She eventually pulled away before her eyes were once again fixed on the bowl of soup. "Even if you just take one bite I'll be happy." One bite. She could do that. She grabbed the spoon, circling it in the soup for a second put a spoonful of soup in her mouth, and swallowed before she could have any second thoughts.

She could feel the warmth of the soup spread throughout her ice-cold body. Her stomach growled embarrassingly loud, showing just how hungry she was. So, she took another spoonful of the soup and eventually ate the soup until the bowl was empty. She hated the feeling of a full stomach, but it was anything to make Yoongi happy, and judging by the smile on his face he was very happy.

He was happy. He knew how what she was going through worked, and that this was a very big step in a long journey.