v. deal.

Minju felt like a failure.

   Today was the scheduled weigh in for the trainees. She weighed 53 kgs, only managing to lose 3 kgs since the last one almost 2 weeks ago. She couldn't see a difference, any time she looked in the mirror all she could see her thighs that were larger compared to the other female trainees it made her feel sick.

   She knew she had to push down those feelings as today she had a rare free day from the strenuous training. She planned to meet Yoongi at a little cafe down the street before they went to a park, each of them needed just a break from the confines of their companies walls.

   She almost considered not going, feeling disgusted with how she looked in the mirror no matter what she wore. She glanced at the clock and panicked when she realized she was about to be late. She grabbed a pair of jeans and a random sweater, throwing them on before slipping on a pair of shoes and running out of the door.

   She stepped out of the SM building, greeted by a gust of wind that easily chilled her. She took off down the street, blending in with the crowd that went in both directions. She kept her eye out for the small building, scanning the signs above for the little store.

   In the distance she could make out the easily recognizable figure of Yoongi, standing outside the building with his hands in his jacket pockets. She slightly picked up the pace, excitement bubbling inside her. It had felt like years since she had seen him.

   "Hey," she breathed as she came to a stop by his side. Almost immediately his eyes brightened and a smile spread on his lips. "Sorry it took me so long."

   "It's okay," he reassured as they walked inside. "I'm just glad you made it and we're both able to just take a break."

   They each ordered a coffee and then stood off to the side as the people behind the counter made their drinks. She couldn't help looking up at him, admiring his beautiful and delicate features. He couldn't help but notice, a small smile on his lips, but didn't say anything.

   They each grabbed their coffees and sat down at one of the little booths in the corner.  There it felt like they were once again in their own world where it was just them — none of their stress existed. Minju loved just simply being in his presence and he loved being in hers.

   Then, in the middle of the conversation he said something she didn't expect. "You've lost a lot of weight," he commented, looking at her with a slightly worried expression and it made her nervous.

   She visibly tensed, "I lost a bit, but I'm fine. The company said it was good," she shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee, hoping to quickly steer the conversation in another direction but Yoongi wasn't having it.

   "Have you been eating?" He questioned further, "When did you last eat?" Minju knew he was only concerned, but his questions caused a sense of panic to bubble inside of her.

   "I ate a couple hours ago," she lied. The coffee she was drinking was the first thing she had consumed other than water in the last two days. "I had lunch with this trainee, her name is Yerim. She's really sweet."

   Yoongi said nothing as he stood up and walked up to the counter. Minju felt her hands start to get shaky as he watched him soon come back with a little bowl of fruit and set it down in front of her. He sat back down across from her and took a sip of his coffee.

   "Eat it," he said, watching her reaction. She swallowed, staring at the bowl in front of her. "You don't have to eat all of it. Just a couple pieces." It was fruit. It's good for you but all it did was make her feel sick, but she knew without him speaking that they weren't leaving until she at least ate some of it.

   With nervous hands she picked up the fork and stabbed the strawberry that was in the bowl. She put it in her mouth and chewed it slowly before swallowing. She did that a couple more times until she felt she physically couldn't and put the fork down. Across from her Yoongi looked at least somewhat relieved and he didn't bring up the topic again, though it loomed in the back of his mind.

   After their coffee, they went on a stroll through a park. They walked close together with his hand in hers, talking about anything and everything they could before they would have to head back. Occasionally she would point at a bird she thought was pretty or a squirrel that ran by.

   They sat on a bench, admiring the view that nature had to offer. She rested her head on his shoulder, both of them still holding hands having long forgotten they were still connected. She wanted to enjoy this time because she didn't know how long it would be before they saw each other again.

   Will you be my girlfriend?

   Those 5 words felt caught in his throat each time. His mind raced with thoughts of how she could say no and reject him. He knew he liked her. He had even brought it up to Namjoon during one of their nights in the studio. He was fine with it and he knew Yoongi was being genuine and he trusted him.

   "You know," Minju said after a while, breaking the silence between them, "I think you're really pretty."

   Yoongi felt his heart jump out of his chest. He didn't know if he had imagined that, but as he looked down at her, he knew she actually said it. "I think you're really pretty too," he replied as calmly as he could, but his heart was racing.

   "I'm serious," she declared. "I think you're beautiful and you're one of the most hardworking people I've ever met. I've thought about it for a while, and I don't know what even made me say it out loud."

   Yoongi was in awe. After his mind fully comprehended what she said, a big smile spread across his face. In a sudden burst of confidence, he did what he never thought he would do. He kissed her, and much to his joy she didn't pull away.

   They stayed like that for as long as they could before they pulled away for air. They stared at each other, breathless as they each didn't say a word. Minju was in shock, not expecting it but it was everything she had hoped it would be. Yoongi couldn't believe he had actually kissed her, but he loved it.

   "Probably a dumb question to ask but," he shrugged, his eyes seeming to look everywhere but her face. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

   "Yes," Minju answered, the biggest smile spread across her face, "but, as long as you teach me how to play basketball one day," she joked with a pout which caused Yoongi to laugh.

   "Deal," he replied, kissing her once again.

   They enjoyed their time at the park, watching the animals roam around, or people walking the dogs. They eventually had to say goodbye and Minju returned to the SM building feeling possibly the happiest she had ever been, and even the other trainees could see it as she made it back to the dorm they all shared. The traces of a smile never left her face, even as she changed into more comfortable clothes and made her way to a practice room.

   She had barely stepped through the door when she heard a woman's voice behind her, "Minju?" The voice asked and she turned around to see one of the people who are in charge of their monthly evaluations.

   Confused, she closed the door, "Yes?" She replied, a sudden burst of fear quickly surging through her body.

   "I know it's late, but please, come with me. Some others and I would like to have a conversation with you," she stated, turning around to walk down the hallway with Minju following behind her