iii. phone call.

After pushing by one of her friends, Minju did what she never pictured herself doing. She went with her friend and auditioned for a bunch of entertainment companies. She didn't expect a call back for she saw many talented people who she felt deserved a spot with the company more than her.

After all was said and done, after that weekend she went home and picked back up her normal life. She went to school like she usually did and attended her dance practices after school like usual. Namjoon returned home for school so the house felt less empty than before.

That night, Minju returned home from practice early. She opted to take a shower to wash away the day before she sat down on the couch opposite her brother. She fished around her backpack until she found the homework she needed to do.

Her mom was in the kitchen, fixing dinner for the family of five, humming some song as she cooked. On one end of the couch Namjoon had his nose in a book while Minju twirled her pencil through her fingers, staring at the homework she still didn't understand.

After what felt like hours despite only being thirty minutes she put the book away. Instead, she took out her phone, texting Yoongi back like she promised she would hours ago but never got the chance. She wished she could visit him again but school made it almost impossible.

   Just as their mom was finishing cooking dinner the house phone rang. "I got it," she acknowledged since she was the closest. She shuffled the steps to the phone, "Hello?"

"Hello, we were calling to speak to Kim Minju, is she there?" A formal womans voice came from the other end.

   "This is her," Minju answered, confused as to who was calling her, especially this late in the evening.

   "My name is Ahn Chaeun, I'm a representative for SM Entertainment and I was calling in response to your audition at our Weekly Auditions," she began, and Minju could feel her heart race, "After a lot of consideration we decided that we would like to offer you a spot to be a trainee."

   Minju was speechless. At first she didn't think it to be true and was some prank, but the more she kept talking she realized it was in fact true. "I- I would love to!"

   "Great!" the woman on the phone exclaimed. "If you can come down to Seoul on the 21st, we can discuss everything including the contract. Your mother may come along as well."

   "Alright, thank you so much!" Minju blurted and hung up the phone, her brain processing everything at what felt like a mile a minute.

   "Who was that?" Namjoon asked, having observed the phone call from his spot on the couch.

   "That was SM," she breathed, sitting back down on the couch, "They called me back about my audition and they want me to be a trainee."

   "Thats great!" Namjoon exclaimed, pulling his sister in for a brief hug. "Are you gonna do it?"

"I mean, yeah I'm going to but still," she shrugged, "I didn't expect to get in. There were so many good people at the audition."

Before dinner, Minju quickly ran up the stairs and closed the door to her bedroom as she hastily dialed a number on her phone. She stood in the middle of her room as it rang before she heard a click and a familiar deep voice answer, "Hello?"

"Hey," she replied, a smile breaking out onto her face. "I just got really great news and I wanted you to be one of the first people to hear it."

"What is it? Is it to do with your audition?" Yoongi asked curiously.

"Yeah," she breathed. "I just got off the phone with them. I got in and they want me to be a trainee. I have to be in Seoul on the 21st to talk about the contract and all that stuff."

"Thats great!" He smiled. "I can see if they'll let me go for a few hours that day. It's just been a lot because they're in the process of making the groups debut plans."

They spent as much time talking as they good, lasting almost an hour. Minju regretfully had to hang up as her mother was shouting at her to come eat dinner as she had finished cooking. She hung up, promising to call him back, and headed downstairs to give her family the news.