i. dream.

Getting accepted to SM Entertainment was like a dream come true, but it was only the first hurdle out of many. After that you compete with other trainees, some who had been there for years, trying to secure a spot to make your debut. Some were lucky while some weren't.

Though she had only been a trainee for close to five months, Minju had seen trainees come and go. She had seen trainees cry as they were kicked out after failing the monthly evaluation. However, she had seen some of her trainee friends move on and debut like her friend Jongin who debuted in EXO.

Minju hadn't expected to debut. At least, not for a good couple of years. After all, she only considered her main strength to be dance. To her, she felt her vocal and rap skills were subpar at best and that many other trainees were more worthy to debut than her.

Though, that changed whenever she was pulled into a meeting room and was given the news. Now she laid on a practice room floor, chest and legs burning as she finished the choreo once again. Her stomach growled embarrassingly loud but instead she took a drink of water, hoping that would keep her stomach quiet.

The words of her manager rang in her ears constantly, "If you're going to debut you need to lose weight. By the next weigh-in you need to lose at least ten pounds."

So, Minju did exactly that. She turned down food's she used to love and danced until the early hours of the morning to burn as many calories as she could. Which is exactly what she was doing now.

She stared at the clock on the wall, watching as it ticked to three in the morning. With a groan she pushed herself off the practice room floor, deciding it was best she get some sleep then rather none at all.

As she gathered her things to leave the practice room, she couldn't help but glance at her reflection. In a way, she couldn't recognize herself. She looked like all the other trainees – exhausted, nervous. She prayed her efforts were worth it, all the hours she spent in the studio and practice room weren't in vain. She prayed she would be an artist that would stand out amongst the others.

After all, you only get a chance like this maybe once in a lifetime.