The attack

I am so happy that I posted new chapter today.
I hope you enjoy it just like you enjoyed other chapters.
Happy reading.. :-)
___________________________________

"Cora.."

"Cora, wait."

"Please, stop. Cora..."

I huffed, trying to catch up with her, who decided to ignore me all along.

"Tell me,Cora. What's going on?" I yelled, running behind her, trying to catch up.

"Nothing happened Sy, stop following me." she yelled in frustration.

"Oh come on." I cried throwing my hands in the air. "That's bullshit. You are hiding something."

"I am not hiding anything. Just leave me alone." she shouted and increased her pace. I had to jog slightly to reach upto her.

Actually, it all started when i woke up alone in my bed with Derek missing,and with no good morning kiss, I was already upset with him. So after the shower and morning business, I headed downstairs,where Nick and Cora were in a heated discussion in the guestroom on second floor. I only caught few words of their argument,before they sensed me and stopped. Cora left Nick's room hastily, causing me to give him a heated glare. Following Cora through the woods I finally caught up with her and now here I was following her, with her pushing me away.

"Cora." I bellowed. "Tell me this instant." I ordered.

"What?" she spat. "There is nothing to tell."

"There is." I caught her wrist, halting her. "Is this because of Nick? Did he do something?"

Her body tensed and she wiggled her wrist against my hold.

She shook her head and started dragging me towards a tree. Freeing her wrist she sat down on the rock beside the tree,and dipped her head in between her legs.

"Cora.'' I spoke softly this time,and stiffened when saw a silent tear leaked through her closed eyes.

"Cora..." I worryingly stroked her hair,and exclaimed when she hugged me tightly.

I wrapped my arms around her and patted her back affectionately.

She cried her eyes out, hiccups and chocks accompanying her cries. After an hour or half she finally stopped and pulled away. Her eyes red and swollen, nose pink and cheeks tear stained. I wipes her tears and kissed her forehead.

"You okay now?" I asked, tentatively.

She nodded and sniffed.

"You wanna tell me,what happened?"

She nodded and cleared her throat.

"Few days... Few days before you arrived, he... He came to visit us. My.. My mate.. Everything was fine that day,but my wolf was uneasy. She was excited,scared, ecstatic,moody and so much more. I couldn't understand why she was acting that way,but I did,once I reached home after school, I..  I did. I found this annoying scent of pine,chocolates and smoke,coming from our living room. As I entered there, I saw my mate,my soulmate,my other half. I always dreamed of him, always dreamed that when I'll see my mate,my world will stop, that he'd accept me for who I am, that he'd be mine forever, but I.. I never thought that he would turn away from me or would refuse to recognize me, his own mate, but he did. He...."

Cora stopped and took a deep breath. She fondled with her sundress and spoke,"He rejected me without even saying true words, he left me back then, and now when he's back he still won't accept me." she silently weeped.