22- Eating

Clay's POV

"I hate this, Lily. I hate it."

That's the last thing I remember saying before I passed out, grasping onto Lily's shirt.

I heard faint voices for a second, though not much after the door shut.

It only took me two minutes to realize that the 'pillow' I had my head on was gone.

Opening my eyes, I began to panic, though I couldn't go very far considering the amount of pain I was in. It was the worst pain I've ever felt, and when the nurse came in and bothered the bandages, it didn't get any better.

Before I could begin to start screaming, a heavyset officer came in the room, sitting down at the chair Lily once occupied before she came in the bed with me.

"Hi, Clay. How are you feeling?" He asked. I stared at him blankly. Was that an appropriate question?

"Uh, fine, I guess." I murmured, turning my head to try and look for an escape.

"I'm going to need you to answer some questions for me, if that's alright." The officer murmured, bringing a notepad and a pen out. I noticed he had a small recording device, though I decided not to focus on it.

I nodded, bracing myself for the question.

"What happened the morning your friends' home got invaded?" He asked. I felt myself begin to panic, frantically looking around for anything to get me out of the situation. The IV in my arm looked appealing, though I knew I would regret it if I took it out.

"Clay? You're going to have to answer this for me." He spoke again. I looked at him, letting out a small whine.

"Where's Lily?" I asked, my eyes directed towards the door out of the room.

"Sorry, who?"

"Lily!" I yelled, thinking she may have been able to hear me.

The doorknob turned, and I got excited, thinking it was the person I was looking for. Though, I saw a blonde head rather than the dark roots I was looking for. I groaned, looking to my right.

"Is everything alright?" She asked. I looked back at her, noticing she had the cart that usually signified that I had to have my vitals taken.

Not wanting to have to go through that hell, I nodded. "Where's Lily?" I asked, meeting the nurses' eyes.

"She can't see you right now. You have to answer these questions, then she can come back, okay?"

I shook my head. "Please, no."

"I'm sorry, Clay. This is what has to be done." The nurse explained.

"Just please, okay, I'll answer if she's here, I promise." I told the blonde. The officer was sitting there, looking awkward.

"I probably need to speak to her, as well." He murmured. "It might be better if they're together."

"Okay, fine. That works." The nurse agreed, walking out. I sighed, looking back to the IV drip.