28 | confrontations

Magsimula sa umpisa

Truthfully, she knew Taehyung was going to approach Nayeon and not just allow bygones to be bygones. He wanted to make things crystal clear and not be pushed around as everyone's been doing to Sooyeong just because she has a kind heart but she on the other hand felt rather sceptical.

"Speaking of Dansae, isn't it his birthday tomorrow?" Jimin pondered out loud and she looked in Dansae's direction but instead she locked eyes with Eunwoo.

"Yeah, I've seen him handing out white envelopes." Jungkook piped while Sooyeong sent Eunwoo a small smile as a greeting to which he returned. "Yet we got no invite, as usual, but it's not like we'd go or anything. Maybe just for hyungs sake but other than that it's a no-no."

"Yeah bro, we get it." Jimin laughed as all three of them took their seats. "We don't like him either."

*

During the first three periods, Taehyung mostly teased Sooyeong, shared his snacks, took a look at her band aided fingers and even drew little Tata heads over them. But as he did so she admired just how delicate he was with her fingers, not hurting her even once.

She also asked him about Yeontan and if his grandfather agreed to adopt him. Unfortunately enough, he hadn't made a decision as yet which really disheartened her because she always saw the amount of love he carried for the little pup.

She really hoped that Yeontan could be his soon, playing happily in his strong arms everyday. Alas, if that day ever happened and if she was still coughing up cherry blossoms, she would pray hard to the heaven and the stars as well as blow out every dandelion in Seoul just to become Yeontan because she loved him that much. There were no two ways about it.

• • •

Sooyeong had study hall after recess and she decided to use that time to study for her upcoming chemistry practical because it was a team-based assessment and she didn't want to drag down whomever she would be partnered up with.

She did think about going up to the rooftop to study but realised that it might be too difficult for her so instead she decided to sit with Yeontan, where it was still quiet enough. She also thought that it would be a good time to get more comfortable with him, without Taehyung's help. Whereas, both Jimin and Jungkook decided to hit the basketball court and Taehyung- Sooyeong knew all too well - he went to speak to Nayeon.

She wanted to change his mind before he left, still afraid that she would cause him harm but Taehyung was adamant so she let it be and hoped for the best possible outcome.

A heavy sigh left her lips as she went back to reading her notes but inevitably her mind flipped back and fourth and she couldn't help but wonder how things were going between them.

*

Taehyung stood across from Nayeon, yet in another secluded spot and the fire in his eyes burnt more so than any of the other encounters he's had with her.

"If you keep dragging me aside like this Oppa people are going to think we're secretly dating or that you're in love with me." She smiled innocently. "You can stop playing tsundere-"

"I don't care about you Nayeon." He admitted rather brashly. "Maybe I did once when I thought we were friends but not anymore."

"There you go lying to yourself again," she took a step forward and slowly slung her arms around his shoulders. At this he clenched his jaw. "We're actually meant to be, I've told you this before. Sooyeong has no part-"

"You should really get out of that imagination of yours," he removed her arms from him and he stepped back. "Because it's not good in there."

She gasped as his actions but before she could attempt to cling onto him again, he slipped out his smartphone and pushed it towards her.