23

Home
7:00pm
Dove POV
As we walk in the door, I hold Ayla in her carrier and Thomas brings the bag. I feel relieved to be home. I go to the nursery get Ayla ready for bed. I put her in a cute purple onesie and wrap her in a blanket and put her down in her bassinet. Then she started to cry again so I grabbed the diapers knowing she probably needed to be changed.
"You ok?" Thomas says as he walked in.
"Yeah. I think she just needs a change" I say as I go to pick her up.
"Hey. What's wrong baby?" I say to her as I pick her up. I place her on the changing table and change her diaper. Then I put her on my shoulder to hug her as she keeps crying.
"Shhh. You're ok" I tell her.
"You're going to be an amazing mum chlo" Thomas tell me as I sit in the couch rocking our daughter.
"You think?" He nods and smiles. "Well I think you're going to be an amazing dad" I smile at him and he sits next to me on the couch and looks at Ayla.
"Can you hold her a sec I just need to pee" I tell him as I hand her to him carefully.

Thomas POV
As I hold my beautiful daughter I feel so grateful.
"Hey beautiful. I'm your dad. I love you so much" I tell her in a whisper to try and not wake her. "I will never let anything happen to you. I promise. I love you too much to ever let that happen" then I look up to see Chloe in the doorway tearing up. "How long have you been there?"
"Long enough to hear that" she walks over to me in tears. "I love you so much" she says and lays her head on my shoulder.
"I love you" I say kissing her head.
I look at her and she's about to fall asleep on my shoulder. "You need to rest chlo" she closes her eyes and nods so I put ayla back to bed and picked Chloe up bridal style to take her to bed. I lay her down and kissed her head goodnight and went to be myself.