14

6 weeks later
~23 weeks~
Dove POV
It is late and I'm at home with Claire and Veronica's just showed up as well. Thomas has gone out with some of his friends so I called v and Claire over.
We are laughing and eating, talking about life then I get a phone call. "I'll just get this" I tell the girls, looking curiously at the number.
"Hello is the dove?"
"Umm yeah who's this?"
"This is the LA hospital. Your fiancé Thomas has been in a car accident. A drunk driver has swerved and hit his car" my heart skipped a beat and a lump forms in my throat.
"Oh my god is he ok?"
"He has a some severe injuries, but he is still with us and is awake"
"Ok I will come and see him"
"Ok dove see you soon"
I break down into tears and walk back to the girls.
"Omg Chloe are you ok?" They both walk over to me,  hug me and sit me down. I start hyperventilating.
"Deep breaths Chloe. What was that phone call about lovely?" Claire asks me.
"Thomas was in a car accident" their hands go to their mouths.
"Is he ok?"
"They say he's severely injured but awake"
"Oh Chloe. I'll drive you there ok. I don't think you should drive" Veronica says
"I'll stay here and mind the house" I nod trying to catch my breath.
We get into the car and v drives us to the hospital, glancing at me every now and again making sure I'm ok.
I put my hand on my now really big stomach cry again. "I just thought, what if I lost him. And our baby wouldn't have a father" I say to v through tears. She puts her hand on mine.
"He's very lucky. You know why, because he's still here with us chloe" she says condescendingly. I nod and we finally arrive at the hospital, that felt like the longest drive.
We go to the front desk and they tell us the room he's in.
I speed walk as fast I can down the hall and open the door a tad to him lying in the hospital bed. V stays outside. He has a black eye, plaster around his left leg and arm and a neck brace.
"Tommy?" I say knocking on the door. He turns his head slowly towards me.
"Chlo. Hey baby" I walk over and kiss his head carefully and sit down on the chair next to him. I break down at the sight of him in pain.
"Hey. Shh. It's ok" He brings his good arm up to my face. "I'm ok, just a bit broken" he laughs a little, wiping the tears from my cheek.

At that moment the doctor came in.
"Hello, you must be dove. So I've given Thomas some antibiotics and painkillers about an hour ago so he'll need some every 4 hours. And he'll have to stay over night and through the morning depending on how he feels. Good news is he hasn't done any major injuries such as spinal but he has injured his arm and leg and will need a wheelchair for at least 8-10 weeks" I nod as he does some assessments on Thomas. "He's very lucky dove, very lucky" and I smile and take a deep breath.
I see Veronica and tell her to go home as it is 2 in the morning. And I also call Claire and tell her she can stay at our house or go home if she likes.
I go back into Thomas's room and caress his cheek.
"Chlo you should go home. You need to rest" he says as I yawn.
"No Thomas I'm staying here" I lay back on the chair.
"You don't have to"
"Thomas I'm not fighting with you. I'm staying whether you like it or not" I say raising my voice a little.
"Ok" he says getting a little drowsy, those pills have made him tried.
As he sleeps, I lay back again on the chair, and try to fall asleep as well.