12

6 weeks later
~16 weeks~
Doves POV
We've got an appointment today to see the baby and we get to find out the gender. I started to show last week and a little bump is forming.
Thomas has gone to the gym while he let me sleep in. I go to the mirror in the bathroom next to our bedroom and pull my shirt up a little. I see the little baby bump and I smile and take a photo and run my hand up and down my growing bump. Thomas comes in and I see him smile in the mirror.
"Hey baby. How was the gym?"
"Ye it was ok. You're so beautiful" he puts his hand on my tiny bump and kisses my head. I take a photo of this as well.
"I'm so excited to see if we're having a boy or girl" I say to him smiling.
"Yeah. I think it's a boy" he says
"Well I think it's a girl. I feel it"
"Really?" I nod and he hugs me from behind.
"We should start getting ready. We have to go in an hour" I nod my head again and walk into his wardrobe and one of his sweatshirts. He gives me a look saying 'really?'.
"Thomas I have nothing to wear. Get over it" he puts his hands up in defence and I roll my eyes jokingly. I put some leggings on under this and we go out the door.

At the doctors...
Dove POV
I am on the patient's bed waiting for the doctor to come in, Thomas is sitting a chair next to me.
"Hey guys how are you?" She asks as she walks through the door.
"We're good thank you" Thomas replies.
"So how's the pregnancy dove? Your around 16 weeks. Has the baby started to move yet?"
"No I don't think so. Should it be?"
"Not necessarily. Because it's your first pregnancy it may not happen for another couple of weeks." I nod at her as she gets her things ready.
"Ok let's have a look in there" she gets her 'wand' and rubs the gel on my lower stomach. "There's your baby" she points to the screen and the heartbeat thumps around the room. Every time gets better when we hear the heartbeat.
"Wow she's really looking like a human being now ye?" Thomas says and kisses my hand and I laugh.
"Yeah"
"Would you like to know the gender today?" We look at each other and nod. Thomas squeezes my hand harder in excitement.
"So your baby is a...girl. Congratulations guys" Thomas and I turned to each other and I felt tears well in my eyes.
"Really? A girl? That's amazing!" I say through tears.
"Congratulations you two. Your baby is looking very healthy and she should be able to hear muffled sounds in a couple of weeks, so you can start to talk to her" she says handing me a tissue and I wipe the gel off my stomach.
"Really?! It's starting to get so real" I say and look from the doctor to Thomas.
"Yes, it gets more and more beautiful as you get further into the pregnancy. I'll print off some pictures for you" she hands us the pictures as we walk out of the doctor's office. We get into the car and call our friends and family to tell them the news. They are all so excited.