6

~8 weeks~
One week later

dove POV
Thomas has been staying here the week and I just can't stop thinking about us. I still like him a lot but I just don't know if it is the right thing to do.

the first scan is today. I am so excited but really nervous to see my child for the first time. Like what if somethings wrong and it will all be my fault.
as time creeps closer to the appointment I start to get more and more nervous. I feel a tear run down my face. then I hear footsteps approaching and I try to wipe my tears away, but I know Thomas will notice.
"Chloe are you ok? what's wrong?" He asks rushing over to my side and sitting me on the bed.
"I'm just really nervous that something will be wrong. I'm sorry"
"hey it's going to be ok. you're getting into your wee head. I think you're just a little hormonal, yeah?"
"Yeah" I giggled and sniffed.
"Look at me. it's going to be fine"
we lock eyes for what felt like ages. then he started to lean in. so did I. And then I felt the sensation of his lips on mine. we pulled away wide eyed.
"What was that?" I asked. does he like me still too?
"umm I regret ever breaking up with you. I still love you Chloe. do you love me too?"
"I do Thomas. I love you too" I start crying of happiness.and we smile at each other. "So are we back together?" I asked him
"I think we should get back together"
We look at each other again and then kissed passionately. I really feel the love between us again. this baby has bought us back together. I am incredibly grateful.
"We should probably get going" I say after a few minutes.

Scan
Dove POV
Thomas and I sit in the waiting room waiting for my name to be called. My leg is bouncing and Thomas puts his hand on my thigh and looks at me silently saying stop. I look back at him and let out a nervous giggle.
"Dove?" The nurse calls and Thomas and I get up and start walking to the room. he grabs my hand and kisses it. I smile at him.
"Ok hello Thomas and Dove I am Dr Andrews and I will be your doctor throughout your pregnancy. So if you just get on the bed and I will be right back" and with that she walks out of the room. I play with my fingers as we wait for she to return.
"You feeling a little better Chloe?" And he grabs my hands. I nod a little yes and he smiles at me.
Dr Andrews comes back and says she is going to run a few tests.
the tests are done. "So now we're just going to see what's going on in there. if you don't mind pulling your shirt up a bit and your pants down a little." I do what she says and she puts a some gel on my stomach. I shiver a little from the cold gel. Thomas holds my hand while she manoeuvres the wand around my lower stomach. She then points to something on the screen. "That there is your baby." I look closer and see a small dot on the screen. "That's our baby? Wow it's so small" I look at Thomas and he has so much happiness in his eyes. The doctor presses a few buttons and there is loud thudding surrounding the room. "That is your baby's heartbeat." My hand comes to my mouth as I hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time. it is surreal. "So your baby looks healthy. I would say you're around 8 weeks along and will be due around July 11th" Dr Andrews tells us, "I will just go and print the pictures for you"
"Ok" Thomas and I both reply.
I wipe the gel off my stomach with a tissue and then look at Thomas with tears of happiness in my eyes. "We just saw our baby" I say and he hugs me and stands me up.
"yeah. that was...beautiful, surreal" he says and he pecks my lips.
The doctor comes back with the ultrasound pictures. I put them in my purse. And then we both wave the doctor goodbye and thank her.

Back at home
Dove POV
I take the pictures out of my purse and look at them lovingly for a few minutes. that was the most beautiful day.
Thomas comes over and pecks my cheek. he sits down on the couch with me and looks at our baby with me. "Our little baby is already beautiful" I let out a smile. "Yeah. I'm already in love" we kiss and then I take out my phone and send a photo to my mum, Claire and Veronica. Thomas also sends one to his family.
they send back messages of excitement and love and I smile.