21

40mins later
12pm
Thomas POV
We cleaned Ayla up and wrapped her in a blanket with a pink hat. I was holding her while the nurses were doing some tests on Chloe to see if she's ok. "So dove your blood pressure is a little low so we'll keep an eye on that but other than that you and Ayla seem healthy. You'll just have to stay until maybe late this afternoon depending on how you both go and if anything changes" she nods "now we'll give you three some alone time and push the button if you need us. Congratulations guys"
"Thanks so much" we both reply and I hand Chloe back Ayla. I take a few photos of them together and smile.
"I'm going to send something to our families to let them know she was born ok?" I say to her and she nods ok.

I send to both of our families:
Welcome our wee Ayla Claire Doherty
Born June 29th, 2021 at 11:18am

I send to both of our families:Welcome our wee Ayla Claire Doherty Born June 29th, 2021 at 11:18am

They reply with lots of congratulations and love.
"Chlo your mum said her and Claire will come around later" I say to her and she nods ok.

2 hours later
2pm
Thomas POV
Ayla opens her gorgeous eyes as Chloe is sitting holding her in bed and I'm sitting next to her on the bed as well.
"She's got your eyes chlo"
"Yeah. She's got your nose and lips" she said touching ayla's little nose and lips. "She's so beautiful" she says looking lovingly at her and becoming teary. "God I can't stop crying" she fans her eyes with her free hand.
I laughed "oh my hormonal baby" I said and kissed her head. "You should probably rest chlo. Your mum and Claire will be coming soon" I say as she yawns.
"But I don't want to put her down" she laughs and pouts.
"I know" I laugh back. "But you should"
She rolls her eyes and hands me Ayla while she gets out of bed. I hand her back to her and she puts her to bed, kissing her tiny head.
"Do you mind if I go home to get a few things Chloe? I won't be too long" I say as I help her back to bed to rest.
"No that's ok" she responds and I peck her lips
"Ok well please try and go to sleep chlo" I say as I walk out the door. I catch her roll her eyes and I laugh a little. As I get into the car I send some photos to Chloe that I took of her and Ayla and I smiled going through them.

1 hour later
3pm
Dove POV
I wake up to Ayla crying. I get up to her and call a nurse to help me.
"Hey Dove. Ok so she might need a feed. Do you want to try and breast feed her?"
"Yeah" I nod.
"So if you just want to sit and get comfy on the bed and I bring her over to you" She puts her in my arms and I pull down my shirt and bra.
"So if you put her mouth to your nipple she'll latch on and start to suckle" I do as she says and Ayla cooperates. I smile as she does so.
"Good job Dove. It'll feel weird at first" I nod a little agreeing. "Just don't forget to burp her after. Are you ok if I leave you?"
"Yes thank you" She leaves the room and I look down at my daughter. I'm already so in love, it makes me so happy.
"I love you baby. You're so beautiful" I tell her. After about 10 minutes Thomas walks in with some food for both of us.
"Hey my love. She's feeding?!" He says and walks over to us smiling as he puts the food at the end of the bed.
"Yeah. It's so beautiful" He looks down at me and our baby girl and smiles.
"I got you a cheese toastie if you want it after she's done"
"Thanks so much tommy"
"Do you need anything else? I'll get you some water"
I nod and smile.
I love both my fiancé and daughter.