"You said everything."

"Or you just don't want to admit you have nothing to say," I suggested.

"You left me speechless," he said after a short while of silence. I rolled my eyes as I wondered how long I would have to sit in his presence. "Did you like my drawing?"

He took the paper from underneath my slate and unfolded it. Sliding it over I felt his eyes examine me for a reaction.

"What do you want Billy?" I whispered aware Diana could hear our conversation if she chose to.

"Your attention."If he only knew how much of my attention he had he wouldn't be talking. I kept that to myself as I narrowed my eyes at him before looking away. But not before seeing a board grin on his face. "Is that too much to ask? I–"

I didn't hear the end of his sentence as the teacher called for us to switch again. I glanced around and saw that I would spend the next few minutes without a partner as there were missing spots on the other side. Choosing this time to catch up on homework I opened my book as I heard my name being called. I ignored it shaking my head clear and read down the page but another call of my name had me shutting the book.

Behind me, I saw a smirking Diana sat next to Billy. I glared outward at him after I smiled at Diana. "What do you want?"

"I have what I want." For what felt like the hundredth time I rolled my eyes. His smile seemed to widen at the realization I was getting annoyed as he placed his head in his hands. "Am I bothering you?"

"You're always bothering me." He didn't get a chance to respond as once again Miss Stacey's voice was heard throughout the room

I found myself sat next to Gilbert even as my eyes strayed from his figure and onto the boy who always seemed to cloud my mind

What would it take for him to leave me alone?

~~~

The answer was simple to get him to occupy his time around someone else. Although the thought made my blood boil it would help me in the long run while I tried getting rid of my feelings for him. So during lunch, I made it my goal to get him a girl to suit him. I hadn't exactly been on speaking terms with the rest of the girls but I found myself sat between them at lunch.

I easily wove my way into their friend group through Alice. And even as the voice in the back of my head told me to get a move on I found that these girls made it easy to forget my troubles. If only for a little while.

"I heard about that, it's a shame we weren't there to see it," Alice said frowning.

Filling me in with the I formation Grace took it upon herself to speak. "Last week my dog had puppies. I don't think we'll be able to care for them so we're giving some away. Would you care for one?"

I shook my head even as my mind filled with images of them.

"You said you wanted to ask us something," Alice said in realization.

I gave them a sheepish smile my head turning to where I knew Billy was before quickly composing myself. "I have this boy problem–"

"You mean Billy?" Grace asked teasingly looking at her friends. Alice laughed as the girl in the middle glared at them. "What going on with you two? Every time I look at the two of you your always staring at the other. Do you need help with your boy problem?"