Sixtieth Chase

Happy Valentine's Day! This is the last chapter of Chasing Mr. Right :)

Play the song on the side for extra feels hahaha.

Sixtieth Chase 

Wedding Day. 

December 31, New Year's eve. 'Yan ang araw ng kasal namin ni Jasper.

I know, crazy, right? Sino bang baliw na isasabay ang araw ng kasal nila sa araw bago ang isa sa pinakamalaking celebration ng buong taon? E di kami ni Jasper.

This date is important to both of us because a few minutes before New Year years ago, was the start of the new chapter of our lives. It was the start of our love. It was like the planting of a seed. Nakatago pa sa lupa yung buto kaya hindi pa halata. But give it some time, some sun and some water, some care, soon, it will bloom to a beautiful flower. That's what happened on this same day year ago, the seed was planted. And now, on our wedding day? That seed turned to a big and sturdy tree with beautiful flowers. Our love blossomed and grew and is now stronger than ever.

"Charm." I looked up and saw Zeke. "Congratulations. Sa'yo rin, Jasper."

Ngumiti si Jasper. "Thank you." Pero nanlaki yung mga mata namin pareho nung makita namin yung singkit na babaeng kasama ni Zeke. He just came back from Japan last month. Inabot rin siya ng ilang taon doon. Over the years, we stayed friends and we talked to each other occassionally. Tuwing uuwi siya ng Pinas, nagkikita kami kasama ng iba pa naming mga kaibigan, sina Maggie, Dave, Aaron, Emma, and sometimes, Jasper. But now, he's back for good and we invited him to the wedding. He said he was bringing a date, yung babaeng nakilala niya sa Japan but I didn't expect it to be her.

"Meg?" Sabay naming sabi ni Jasper.

"Uh, hi guys." Ngumiti si Meg. We last saw her nung sem ender nung group namin on the first semester of my fourth year in college. "Long time no see. Hindi ko inakalang kasal niyo pala yung sinasabi ni Zeke sa'kin. Congrats, guys. I'm really happy for you. Noon pa man, bagay na talaga kayo," she told us honestly.

"Wow. Small world." Manghang sabi ko. Who knew she's Zeke's new girlfriend?

"I know. Mapaglaro talaga yung tadhana." Sabi ni Meg.

They congratulated us for the last time before they went back to their table. 

Our guests cheered as the first fireworks lighted up the sky. Hinawakan ko yung kamay ni Jasper. Our wedding day is coming to an end.

Our wedding ceremony was honest and heartfelt. We both cried when we were our saying our vow to each other. Our vow to love each other forever, to always trust  in each other, to protect and nurture our own family. To grow old together.

Our reception was also full of tears. There were speeches from our family and friends. And we listened, smiled, laughed and cried through all of them.

I met Ella's eyes from across the room. Ngumiti siya sa'kin and Jasper and I both waved. She's now happy with her boyfriend. I'm glad because she deserved to be happy. Marami siyang naitulong sa'min ni Jasper non even though she was in love with Jasper too. She really is Jasper's best friend, and now, a good friend of mine too. She winked at us and she started clinking her glass. Our other guests joined her and I laughed as Jasper leaned in to kiss me.