𝓌𝑜𝑜𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓃𝑔 - 𝒶𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓏

➳ feedbacks are welcome in the comment section ♡

➳ fluff

➳ less dialogues or none at all, short

➳ enjoy ♡

𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠:

𝐦𝐨𝐢𝐫𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞 - 𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐩𝐮𝐚𝐧

◂◂                    ▍▍                 ▸▸

---- ☯ ----

third

it was that time of your life where you'd just want to give up on everything. you had no one to turn to- your parents died awhile back, no friends simply because you weren't that popular girl everyone liked on school.

your office work has been very disgusting, it hadn't been different to your school. they stepped on you, let you did all their work.

so who were you to lean on now? you didn't believe on any gods, but you had no choice but to believe one at least exists. on a weekly routine, where every paperwork dumped at you were done, you'd schedule a day where you'd climb a thousand of stairs this particular mountain had that you didn't know the name, but only because it was the closest to your home, just to refresh your mind.

because maybe, just maybe, if you were closer to heaven, they'd hear your prayers louder than anybody else's.

just that one particular day, you were literally done with everyone's shits. you were done with your work, but you can't quit- just stormed off of the office. you can just issue an apology letter anytime, then just go back like nothing happened, letting everyone treat you like a slave again.

that weekday, you wanted to scream your lungs out. and so you climbed that mountain again in hopes of no one being there because it was a weekday. you wanted to burst out everything that minute, that second.

you sniffed the smell of nature, the best it did was to calm you, but you were still feeling shit. so instead of shouting, you just sat at the your usual place in the cliff, caring less if you were to slip and die.

bursting into tears, you mumbled inaudible words of asking if someone was really there, listening. if so, why were your prayers unanswered? why were you still alive? until you ran out of why's. you just wanted to feel alive for once, but no one was there to give you answers.

so your sniffs were the only ones heard on the plain of the mountain. no one cared, no one should, no one will.

until you got everything out of your chest, wiping your red eyes, you stayed there for a few minutes until loud men, laughing, clearly enjoying got closer and closer. you sighed, you didn't want anyone, including strangers, to be bothered by your pitiful presence.

you quickly got your things, but then you heard a particular laugh, a high-toned, squeaky laugh. so sincere, so pure of a laugh making you glance at the owner.

at some point, you wanted to laugh like how they did too. you can't even remember how your laugh sounded, or even how your real smile looked. yet you didn't know how anyone could laugh and smile so much like how he did.

you were actually staring at that man, until he caught sight of your red, puffy eyes. when he craned his head to the side to take a clearer look, you lowered your head and finally left.

he found it weird. you were wearing a casual plain white tee, slacks, you had a sling bag with your coat that matched your slacks neatly fold hanging on your arm. why were you out here in the middle of a weekday?

you slipped out of the mountain and out of his sight faster than he thought, or no. he was staring into space thinking of you, and how your eyes asked for help even if it only briefly met with his. he only went back to his world when one of his friends have hit him hard in the back, to his senses.

that was the absolute time he knew, he'll have to see you, find you again even if that meant climbing a thousand of stairs of a mountain miles away from his house.

and he did.

he waited patiently everyday with a light drink on his hand and a small smile on his face. he was far from getting frustrated, instead he always looked forward to tomorrow. so optimistic, so positive, very different from you.

you finally had a day to yourself, on your way to the mountain again. you had mentally tattooed the man's smile and laugh at the back of your head, thinking how you wanted to laugh like that for once too. you sighed, your imagination was taking you to nowhere. you knew it wasn't going to happen, because no one was there to make it happen.

the sun was about to set, just the perfect time to be atop of the mountain to watch it set. at your usual spot, you sat, two or three people were only there to witness another day passing by.

you quietly sat there, until you heard rustling leaves behind you.

quite surprisingly, you saw the man who you saw the last time you were there, a big smile plastered on his handsome face, looking at the scenery as he took a seat beside you.

you just stared at him with furrowed eyebrows, confused as to why he had to take a seat so close to you, when there's a whole plain so empty for him to sit on.

he dusted off his hands with a giggle, making you ultimately swoon at how happy he looked.

you were now packing your things slowly, thinking that he must've mistaken you for somebody else.

"jung wooyoung." he said, looking at the setting sun you missed because you were still looking at him confusingly. he expected you to say nothing, really. who would when someone just randomly popped your bubble at a night where everything should be yours and yours only?

"that's my name." he once again said, seconds later faced you. his face brightened, smile getting bigger if that was possible.

"and i think you're the answer to my one and only prayer." he said with so much seriousness with his voice. you didn't laugh, as weird as what he said may be, but you had the urge to if it wasn't for the seriousness in his voice.

you just lightly scoffed, putting your things back down. unbeknownst to you, a small smile crept up your face as now the newly risen moon faintly shined on your face.

seeing your smile was the only thing that made his one doubt go away. now he didn't just think you were the answer to his prayers, he was sure it was you.

you found comfort around a man who just randomly introduced himself in the dusk, which made you chuckle.

"y/n." you mumbled after an hour of staying silent, the comfortable silence soon was broken when he started a conversation, full of laughs and smiles that you yearned for all this years.

and just as soon, you realized- he was the answer to your dozens of prayers too.

that dozens of prayers only lead to one man who had the most unique laugh you've ever heard, who made the world so much better, made you better, making your life worth living.