CHAPTER SIX: "speak now"

Börja om från början

Taehyung couldn't help it and just kissed Jeongguk's forehead to get over him. If Jeongguk suddenly wakes and he sees him in that position, the boy would freak out that's why he decided to stand up. "Sweet dreams. Goodnight, Ggukie." Those were the words he whispered before he drifted outside the room, turning the lights off and slowly closing the door.

His heartbeats doubled when he locked eyes with Jeongguk's father who was in the living room. "Oh, if it isn't Mr. Kim's son," Mr. Jeon said and smirked, placing his coffee on the side table. "It's good to see you hanging out with my son. The first and the very own friend he had is you. Take him out of his shell, will ya? I don't want him to rot in his room with his books. At least he should have a company," Mr. Jeon said, and Taehyung awkwardly smiled, not knowing what to do.

He then lifted his chin, impressing Jeongguk's father with his confident smile (though he wasn't looking) so he wouldn't notice he was tensed in front of him. "Sure, Mr. Jeon. I'll help you with that," Taehyung replied and Mr. Jeon nodded, holding the newspaper he was reading earlier. "I'll go ahead. Thank you for allowing me to be here," Taehyung said.

"Of course. Jeongguk, to have a friend like you would be pleasing for me. Not to mention your father was a friend of mine. Like fathers, like sons," Mr. Jeon said and laughed hysterically after that. Taehyung chuckled awkwardly along with him.

"I'll go ahead, Sir. Have a nice night," Taehyung greeted politely and Mr. Jeon once again nodded, feeling enthusiastic over Taehyung's presence. Taehyung took his steps outside the house and finally riding his car. He arrived home safe and the first thing he did before going inside his room is to eat. After showering and drying his hair, he finally went to sleep, hiding under the covers.

━━━

Jeongguk is thrilled for this day to pass by because he knew all too well that it will gonna be one of those moments he will cherish. The past few weeks were celebrated with joy and laughter. He didn't expect that having Taehyung by his side almost every minute would be much necessary for him. Who would believe that the older became the light in his dark and the peace in his very own chaos?

Ever since he became so close with him, Taehyung would go to the Jeons' mansion to just mess around or watch Jeongguk study. And every time he does that, Jeongguk will be like, "What are you doing here?" and Taehyung would be like, "I'm here to bring destruction! I'm kidding, we are on a school break and I am bored." Jeongguk's response would be, "Well, break isn't in my dictionary. Life goes on for this homeschooled boy because he'll be inside his room, busying himself with the textbooks and answer sheets he needs to accomplish."

Having that said, Jeongguk is still grateful that Taehyung was around to make things a lot more entertaining than he thought of whilst he's alone. Going back, Jeongguk is having a very ecstatic feeling because yesterday, he had received a letter from Taehyung. The letter goes like this:

━━━

June 1, 1978
The Kims' Chateau

Dear Jeongguk,

Yesterday, I was planning to take out everything from my room. I even have the maids to help me but I realized they weren't much of a help to me. I wanted to invite you to come to our house, and I am asking you if you could help me fix it and do some interior design? The last time you went here, you said my room's design was bland with black and white and gray shades. Help me decide which colors of paint match my personality and that will not make my room boring. And, oh! We could add frames, illustrations, designs, and stuff to make it more a wonderful place to stay.