52. Romantic Singh Oberoi

Start from the beginning

Annika realized their position and asked, "What was the need to ask this way?"

Shivaay smiled and nuzzled in her neck. She bit her lips, tilting her neck to grant him more access. He peppered kisses on the crook of her neck.

"When a woman allows a man to touch her in this way, it means she trusts him. I wanted to see if you are sure when you say that you trust me." There were many more reasons but he didn't want to say them aloud. 

She stared at him being confused, "So you were doubting me?" Did he not know what a big deal it was for her? He does everything and then says it was a mere test?

He shook his head, "I thought you were doubting yourself."

Annika was bemused. The man was an expert in the play of words. No wonder he cracked as many deals as his age. "What a safe play—" she gasped as his tongue worked on the crook of her neck making her feel emotions she never knew existed. Her left hand slipped behind his back while the right one reached his neck holding him to herself. When his teeth grazed the skin of her neck, she was sure that he would leave a hickey behind.

"Shivaay."

"Hmm?"

She entwined their fingers. Her rigid form confirmed her inexperience at intimacy. "I trust you more than anyone else. And I mean it."

He looked up to meet her in the eyes, placed a kiss on her forehead, and laid on his stomach beside her. One of his arms remained on her frame as he wanted her close.

"You are very important to me, Annika," he confessed, "I want to protect you. From everyone, from Mallika. Don't believe a word she says." He snuggled closer to her and so did she.

"Can I sleep on your chest?" she demanded suddenly. She was biting her lips. The reserved part of her reprimanded the bolder one for what she asked. A twinkle flashed in his eyes hearing her words. He turned around to lie on his back and pulled her closer. Her head rested on top of his chest. His legs were entangled with hers. He rubbed the spot where he had left a hickey. Smirking proudly, he hugged her tight as the two delved into a peaceful sleep.

***

It was not Spring but Annika's face resembled a Cherry Blossom in Japan during the month of April when she woke up the following morning. She smiled from ear to ear. Her form was more or less on top of Shivaay. She rose up from his chest. It was one of the rare mornings when she managed to wake up before him. And she thanked God she did. As the rays of sun seeped in the room through the uncovered window and kissed his beard, she caressed the region. She got to admire a sleeping Shivaay after long. Suddenly all her insecurities seemed a distant affair. They never existed. She wondered why life couldn't be as beautiful as Shivaay's face.

Correction: handsome

He cleared his throat. She took it as a sign that he was waking up and moved away from him. He smiled seeing her face and sat up on the bed. Annika got pulled closer to him, suddenly realizing how their legs were still entangled. She blushed and he too helped her out of the intimate posture.

"Good morning."

She tried to leave the bed only to be pulled back by Shivaay. He wrapped his arms around her waist while she remained adamant to not face him. He kissed her forehead. Her lips touched his kurta. She turned redder for his skin was easily visible through the sheer material.

"You didn't wish me back," he pointed out. The tapping of his fingers on her back helped less. She made a note of how he acted touchy since very recently. If not for the invisible butterflies inside her, she would be perfectly fine with everything.