Elias's silence confirmed it all.

Kaida shook her head.

"Elias, what have you gotten yourself into?"

"I'm doing what is necessary. Don't patronise me Kaida. You don't know the half of it."

His voice was low, almost harsh.

"Then tell me."

Kaida shot back, leaning in.

Elias looked to the side, breaking the intensity for a second, and Kaida noticed a hint of a scar peeking out near his neck.

"My father never made it back from the War. I asked and asked, and all they could tell me was that he was MIA. But I found out the truth. They killed him. They killed him, and they burnt his body. I couldn't even bury my own father."

Kaida inhaled sharply, and her hand instinctively reached out to grip his own.

He opened his fist, letting her slender hand wrap around his own large one.

Kaida squeezed.

"Oh, Elias. I'm so sorry."

All Kaida could ever do was apologise, and a part of her mourned with him.

Elias looked at their interlinked hands, and then back to Kaida.

He softened, and his thumb stroked gently across her skin before he let go.

"Yeah. Then they came for me. Ichiro Samos came for me, and he gave me this, the psychopath."

Elias tugged his shirt to the side, revealing more of the dark and angry scar that stood out against his brown skin.

It was inches from his jugular, almost fatal.

Kaida frowned, her brows furrowing.

"I barely escaped."

"But why? Why were the Silvers after you? They came all the way to Dreichtown for you?"

"In my tussle with Ichiro, I discovered my ability."

Elias's voice dropped to a whisper.

Kaida audibly gasped.

"Ability?"

She copied him, in the same whisper.

Elias reached into his pocket and flicked a silver coin onto the table, and with his back turned away from the inhabitants of the room, he stared at the coin and it began to float.

He lifted his hand, and the coin levitated smoothly between his fingers.

Kaida was in awe, she gawked at the coin and then back at Elias.

"All those years surrounded by metal. It's kind of ironic isn't it."

Elias let's out a laugh but it doesn't fully reach his eyes, it feels hollow. Just an echo, rather than an emotion.

"There are more. More Reds with Silver abilities, and they are scattered all over Norta."

Kaida had guessed that herself.

If it could happen to her and Mare, and now Elias, then surely it was happening all over the Kingdom.

Kaida thought back to the meeting she spied on, between Elara and Sylvanas.

More mutants...

"The Silvers despise the idea. They want to find us, terrorise us and lock us up. Power is only exclusive to them."