Chapter 22

"Father, you should gather the people. Address them and let them know their King is safe. Tell them what happened."

Maven had already began damage control, advising his father on the next steps.

King Tiberius agreed, and they all been split up.

They were quickly tended to, and fixed. All traces of the night being eradicated.

They were made perfect again.

Eventually, they ended up in the throne room. All the Silver guests had gathered once more, some were still being healed.

Elara, Cal and Maven stood by the King's throne in a display of unity.

Kaida and Mare remained in the crowd, opting for anonymity.

The cameras began to be set up, a broadcast being scheduled.

Murmurs filled the throne room.

Kaida spotted Ayala, looking distant amongst her fellow Silvers, and made her way over to the Viper girl.

"Ayala, is Eden alright?"

An image of Eden sprawled unconscious flashed in Kaida's mind.

Ayala snapped out of her daze, her dark eyes were almost sad, but still she remained emotionless.

"No. She suffered internal organ damage. The Blonos Healers put her in a coma, to heal her and save her life."

Ayala clenched her fist, a sudden flare of anger had overcome her.

"She better end up being alright, Kaida. Or else I will tear those Red terrorists apart myself."

Ayala's voice was low, and she meant every word. She turned and left abruptly, her green gown, now torn, dragged after her.

"The time for tears is over."

King Tiberius's voice thundered, silencing the room instantly.

"Now, we honour the dead. To Major General Ptolemy Macanthos. Duke Nicolai Deacon and his wife Duchess Anastasia Deacon. Lady Aeza Pietron. And to all the wounded tonight. I swear on my Crown, on my throne, on my sons, we will avenge you. May the Gods rest their souls."

Everyone bowed their heads in sync, a show of respect.

A moment passed.

A servant handed the King a silver spear with a red sash. He held it up for all to see.

"Have I not been merciful towards the Red citizens? I showed them respect. I offered them mercy. And this is how they repay me. How they repay us. They spit at us, rejecting our kindness."

King Tiberius voice booms.

His hand wraps around the sash, ripping it ferociously from the spear which he lets clatter to the ground.

"Fine. They can have it their way. We will offer them fire and blood."

He snarled.

"These abhorrent and treacherous terrorists will be brought to justice. They will all kneel, or die."

King Tiberius crushes the rag in his hands and flings it to the floor. The torn sun stares at them all.

The Silvers in the crowd stir.

They are no longer afraid, they are emboldened by their King and they cry for blood.