chapter 15

sokka's POV

"why did you want to go ice skating if you've never done it before?" i ask zuko confused.

he's gripping on the fence surrounding the ice with both of his hands and he's  moving slower than a snail.

"you once mentioned that you like it, so i thought you'd enjoy doing it with me" he answers.

i'd also enjoy doing other stuff with you...

what the hell, where did that come from? shit, i gotta learn how to control my intrusive thoughts.

i don't even remember when i told him that i like ice skating, but the fact that he remembered this insignificant detail about me makes my heart melt.

"how sweet of you. now will you speed up a little? even gran-gran skates faster than you" i taunt him and he rolls his eyes.

"you just want me to fall so you can laugh your ass off" he states.

"huh, that would be fun to watch, if you weren't already hurt, but you are and i don't want you to aggravate the injuries"

he stares into my eyes for a moment, but then he looks away and starts moving forward. he slips and almost falls, but i react quickly and help him regain balance.

my hands linger on his body for awhile and he's gripping on my clothes, afraid he might slip again.

"i hate this" he mumbles, taking his hands off me and placing them back on the fence.

"you hate everything" i say and chuckle softly.

he scratches the back of his neck and then gets some hair out of his face.

"yeah..." he approves. "i don't hate you though"

he gives me a deep look that makes me feel a wave of heat taking over my body and quickly reaching my cheeks. we mentain the eye contact until a loud thud makes us turn around to see a kid laying on the ice and starting to cry. his mother picks him up and tries to comfort him.

"ok, i don't want to fall like that too, let's go home" zuko says and wants to head to the exit.

"i'm not leaving until you can skate at least a few meters by yourself" i state and block his way.

he frowns and pouts.

"well, now i hate you too" he sighs.

i giggle.

"no, you don't. come on, grab my arm and i'll help you move faster than an old lady"

he puffs, but then obeys. i start skating slowly, leading zuko without him even needing to move his feet. he's squeezing my arm as if his life depends on it and i'm not gonna lie, i kinda like it.

"now, try pushing your feet forward, one by one. take your time" i guide him and he does as i say. "see? you can do it"

we skate around the place a few times, until zuko is starting to get the hang of it.

"you're getting it! ok, now let me go and try to skate by yourself" i tell him and try to pull away from his grip.

"no!" he exclaims, clutching me even harder. "don't let me go"

he looks at me with those puppy eyes that i can's fucking resist.

"fine, spirits, you're such a baby" i say. "let's try something else" i propose and he raises an eyebrow.

i place my hands on his waist, from behind and start pushing him lightly.

"sokka, i'm gonna fall" he sounds a little panicked.