chapter 7

zuko's POV

"finally! i thought you'd never come and i'd have to hunt you down" katara sighs as soon as she opens the door for me.

she puts on an innocent smile, contradictory to her words and my eyes widen (well, my healthy eye, cause the other one can't move very much). she can be scary sometimes.

"sorry, i missed the bus and i had to walk all the way over here" i excuse myself as i'm stepping inside their house.

"ok, ok, whatever, let's go in the living room, everyone's waiting for you"

i comply and as soon as we walk in, my glare meets sokka's eyes. what the hell, i didn't even have to look purposely for him, it just... happened, like i am naturally drawn to him.

"hey guys" i mumble, taking my eyes off sokka cause i can't handle the tension.

they are all sitting on the floor, in a circle. suki is next to sokka, then aang and toph. i take a seat next to the blind girl and she punches me in the arm as soon as i do that. that's how she shows affection, so i have admit i don't mind it.

"finally, sparky! if you came 5 minutes later, i think sugar queen would have killed someone" toph jokes and katara gets very offended, but brushes it off quickly and takes a seat between me and suki.

i ocasionally lay my eyes on sokka and every single time, he's staring back at me, so i withdraw instantly.

"can we talk, zuko?" he asks me while katara is explaining the rules to whatever game she wants us to play.

"shut up, you can talk after this" his sister snaps at him.

she really is invesed in this game night, she isn't just joking around.

"ok, so the person spinning the bottle will ask a question, or give a dare to the person it lands on. as simple as that" 'tara tells us. "aang, you're first"

aang spins the bottle and it lands on suki. she chooses truth.

"is it true that you still have feelings for sokka?"

both her and sokka blush and avoid each other's glare.

"no" she says briefly.

"that's a lie" toph says and smirks.

sometimes i forget she can feel hartbeats and tell if someone is being honest or not.

"screw you, toph!" suki shouts at her.

"hey, the game is called TRUTH or dare, so i'm here to make sure everyone tells the truth" she shruggs and puffs, casting her bangs away from her eyes.

suki rolls here eyes and hugs her knees embarrased.

"your turn to spin it, toph" katara mentions and toph obeys.

"aang. truth or dare?"

"truth" aang says.

"why does nobody choose dare?" toph scoffs. "do you have a crush on katara?"

aang turns so red, even his ears heat up and he starts mumbling something undecipherable.

"c'mon twinkletoes, just say it" toph presses him.

"ugh- um- i- maybe- a little" aang stutters.

karata tries to hide her flushed cheeks by pulling her hair over her face, but it's not working very well.

"he's telling the truth" toph says. "and i think sugar queen has a thing for twinkletoes, too"

"how about you mind your own business, toph?" katara defends herself.