chapter 5

zuko's POV

in exchange for helping him with his math homework, sokka insisted on teaching me how to play basketball. i wasn't very excited about the idea, but he was, so i couldn't spoil it for him and had to accept.

so here we are, in his back yard, where he has a little improvised basketball field, but with only one basketball hoop. he told me he practices here almost everyday after school and i love the way his face lights up when he talks about something he's passionate about.

"you gotta bend your knees like this and then straighten them when you throw the ball" he explains, giving me a demonstration.

it looks so easy when he does it, but even after multiple attempts, i still fail at introducing the ball in that stupid hole.

"no, no, no, you're doing it all wrong" he says a bit exasperated. "come here"

he places my hands on the ball, staying behind me. he retreats his hands from mine, only to position them on my waist and i feel like i'm dying.

i am very aware of the warmth of his body and i would like that single inch parting us to dissapear.

"ok, bend your knees, keep your hands just like that and now... shoot!"

he moves along with me and i finally score, but all i can concentrate on is his body so fucking close to mine.

"yeees, you did it!" he high fives me and gives me a quick hug.

oh, how i wish i could sink in his arms for eternity.

i banish that thought quickly.

"it only took me a thousand tries" i say dissapointed and roll my eyes.

"practice makes perfect, buddy. you can come here when you want and we can train together"

spending even more time with sokka... but doing something i absolutely hate...

well, i guess he's worth the sacrifice.

"sure, i'd like that"

"cool, now let's go eat something, i'm starving!" sokka suggests and starts walking towards the house.

"actually, uncle iroh asked me to paint something on the outside walls of the tea shop and i think i should go do that"

"wait, you paint? why am i learning about this just now?" he asks a bit pouty.

"um- yeah, i like to paint. and draw."

"that's so amazing! can you maybe paint me sometime? it would look great on the living room wall! if it's no bother, of course"

i don't tell him i already made drawings of him in my sketchbook. like, lots of them. it would sound kinda creepy if i think about it. but sokka posing for me willingly? it would take hours. hours of staring at him, analysing every little detail about his body...

"yep, no problem, i can do that"

"great! i'll go grab some sandwiches and we can go to the shop" he adds.

"wait, you're coming too? it will probably take a while, you might get bored" i warn him.

"nah, i can't get bored with you" he flutters his hand in the air and runs inside the house, leaving me standing there, with my cheeks flushed in a light shade of pink.

does he really have to make it so fucking hard not to like him?

--

sokka's POV