Tea time (shinsai)

Requested by:Shuichi_Shumai
Fluff
Warnings: none
Sensitive?-cannot be
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><

Shuichi pov

I was walking around the school wandering without any direction. Walking around up the stairs and back down. Trough the halls and back the same halls. Outside and back inside. In the different rooms, stand there for god knows how long, and back out. You could say I was pretty much...

Bored.

I Shuichi Saihara am bored out of my mind. Everyone is doing something with each other, but I overheard the morning announcement and slept in so here I am 'God this sucks' I sat down in the middle of the grass looking ip at the bright sky covered in striped of the cage. I sighed and sat up 'what to do? What to do?' I started rocking back and forth while trying to think of something to do. But guess what...I came up with nothing.
I glanced to my side and picked the flower I saw, but quickly got bored of it and threw it behind me. I rubbed my face with my hands and groaned 'maybe something to drink will kill my boredom' I nodded to myself and stood up from my spot on the ground, I started walking towards the cafeteria.

Soon enough my legs brought me to the dining hall and I went into the kitchen to get something to drink, when a smell of something interrupted me. I smelled again and its from the kitchen. My interest perked up and now I wanted to know what happening.
I entered the kitchen and found...Korekiyo cooking what appeared to be a pot of tea "hello Shuichi" that startled me and I jumped "ah!" I grabbed my jacket and took a deep breath "Kehehehe I did not mean to scare you."
I walked to him "a-ah Its okay Korekiyo" I smiled "what are you doing?" I asked and he looked at me "I'm cooking tea...do you want to join me?" He asked while he fished from cup board to cup board for tea cups "If you wouldn't mind. I'd love to join" I said back 'that will sure kill my boredom' I cheered in my head "excellent" he said bringing two tea cups and handed them to me "take those to the table please" I nodded and went to place them.

I placed them on the table and Korekiyo soon joined me at the table with freshly made tea. He filled the cups and started to drink slowly "So what brings you to the kitchen Shuichi?" He asked while sipping the tea "e-eh well you could say I was just bored and a little thirsty hehe" I smiled and sipped the tea 'its freaking delicious' I was surprised by the taste "Korekiyo-" I was cut off by him "Please Kiyo is just fine" I nodded "right...e-eh Kiyo I wanted to ask you. Could you tell me...something about the history of the tea?" I asked and I could see his interest perked in "Well of course so...

The history of tea in Japan began as early as the 8th century, when the first known references were made in Japanese records. Tea became a drink of the religious classes in Japan when Japanese priests and envoys sent to China to learn about its culture brought tea to Japan. The Buddhist monks Kūkai and Saichō may have been the first to bring tea seeds to Japan. The first form of tea brought from China was probably brick tea. Tea became a drink of the royal classes when Emperor Saga encouraged the growth of tea plants. Seeds were imported from China, and cultivation in Japan began.

Tea consumption became popular among the gentry during the 12th century, after the publication of Eisai's Kissa Yōjōki. Uji, with its strategic location near the capital at Kyoto, became Japan's first major tea-producing region during this period. Beginning in the 13th and 14th centuries, Japanese tea culture developed the distinctive features for which it is known today, and the Japanese tea ceremony emerged as a key component of that culture.

In the following centuries, production increased and tea became a staple of the general public. The development of sencha in the 18th century led to the creation of distinctive new styles of green tea which now dominate tea consumption in Japan. In the 19th and 20th centuries, industrialization and automation transformed the Japanese tea industry into a highly efficient operation, capable of producing large quantities of tea despite Japan's limited arable land area."

I was amazed by all of the details he knows "Kiyo what is this tea ceremony?" I was curious it caught my interest since I don't know much about tea "ah you see...

Japanese tea ceremony is a Japanese cultural activity involving the ceremonial preparation and presentation of matcha, powdered green tea, the art of which is called temae. Zen Buddhism was a primary influence in the development of the Japanese tea ceremony. Much less commonly, Japanese tea practice uses leaf tea, primarily sencha, a practice known as senchadō in Japanese, as opposed to chanoyu or chadō.

Tea gatherings are classified as either an informal tea gathering or a formal tea gathering. A chakai is a relatively simple course of hospitality that includes confections, thin tea, and perhaps a light meal. A chaji is a much more formal gathering, usually including a full-course kaiseki meal followed by confections, thick tea, and thin tea. A chaji may last up to four hours.

Chadō is counted as one of the three classical Japanese arts of refinement, along with kōdō for incense appreciation, and kadō for flower arrangement."

"Wow thank you Kiyo. That was really interesting" I smiled and sipped the last of my tea "anytime Shuichi" He slightly bowed his head until we heard the night announcement ring "I guess our time is up Shuichi. It was a great time, thank you" I smiled and wished Kiyo goodnight.

THE END

I hope you like it...I really had no idea for this until it came to this. Thank you for requesting.

Anyway

Requests are still open

Bye bye