one.

We often begin to think that we have everything under control. You have the friends, the job, the husband with the perfect kids, and the dog playing with the annoying squeaky toy in the backyard. Practically the perfect life, up until someone comes into it, shaking it all up.

***

"Honey, you said you would be done before seven," the brunette walks into the large open office on the top floor of the skyscraper that her husband had been working in for over nine years. The white walls lined with bookcases in her husband's office that surrounded her as he looked up from his computer spotting his wife, standing in the doorway.

"They scheduled me for a meeting last minute, I'm sorry," the dark-haired man stands up from his large oak desk as he made his way over to the doorway where the woman in a tight, black dress that defines all her curves stood, "You look beautiful."

"You do realize this is our one night without the kids and work, right?" the man wraps his arms around the younger woman's waist as he leans down to kiss her. In all honesty, she just wanted away from the loudness of her kids for one night and have the house to themselves, but with her husband's job that rarely happens.

"I know, I know, and we will go to that new restaurant, I promise," he dips his head down to the woman's lips before she had the chance to say anything about his late meeting and how he always says he'll make it up to her. 

"But you know with my job starting up again we won't have the time," she spoke in a soft tone as he brushed his hand along the back of her dress. Her husband's demanding job is always leaving them with barely anytime to see each other anyways. "We barely have enough time when I'm out of work, how are we going to make time when it starts back?"

"I promise, we will," a hard knock comes upon the door, breaking the two of them apart. The Italian looks around the room as he makes his way back to his desk. "Come in!" he yells, grabbing the attention of both his wife and his assistant, who is running in with more paperwork that he needs to fill out before the end of the night. 

"Thank you, Michelle," he looks up at the woman in the black pencil skirt with a white blouse. "That will be all, go home and get some sleep," he motions his hands to the woman as she makes her way through the office door. 

"Have a nice night, Mrs. Testa," she makes her way out the door with a smile on her face as she collects her jacket from the coat rack behind her small desk out in the hall. 

"It's Mrs. Spampinato," Stefania mumbles under her breath, knowing the woman is too far away to hear her anyway. The two of them hear the soft sound of the elevator closing with the woman in it.

"You can go home, I'm sure you wouldn't want to spend the next few hours waiting for me," he looks over his computer at me, "Don't you need to get to work early tomorrow, I wouldn't want to keep you up late," His tone softens as he looks up at the brown-eyed woman while she walks over to his desk, gently sitting down beside his keyboard.

"I'll pick up the kids on the way home," she crosses her legs, moving her vision to the window as she looks out at the lights that are shining brightly throughout the city. "Is your mom feeding them?"

"She fed them, don't worry," he looks up from his papers, turning the chair to face her as he leans back into his chair. The brunette quickly moves her vision towards the man sitting in front of her. His white buttoned-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up. His blue tie hanging loosely around his neck with his navy dress pants. "I'll pick something up on my way home," his smile causes the brunette to smile back as they stare into one another eyes.

"I'll see you later," Stefania leans down, planting a soft, yet passionate kiss on his lips before making his way towards the door, slinging her purse over her shoulder. "I love you."