Hopefully Not [Sasori] for Fluff Has Too Many Feels

Jill's stomach slammed into a tree branch causing her breath to hitch and groan from the pain. But she couldn't stop, scrambling over the bark. "Keep up!" Bakin shouted.

"Shut it, I'm trying!" she snapped. "You're not sporting an injury!" Something caught the light, passing her completely and reaching towards the other ninja. "Bakin, watch out-!"

The strings tightened tearing the man apart before they circled around. Jill didn't hesitate, dropping towards the ground as the attack sliced up the branches she had been standing on. Shoulder roughly making contact with the ground she felt the bone pop, dislocating completely, causing the ninja to grit her teeth in pain. With only one useful arm she pushed herself up limping from the wound on her shin.

It came barreling through the forest, Jill cursing before performing a one hand jutsu. The wind barrier came up just in time as a wooden tail came around, slamming into the shield. It exploded, causing the sudden gust to throw her backwards, tumbling through the undergrowth. Groaning again she angrily ripped off the ANBU mask that had been cracked halfway up the center, a loose piece having dug into the skin. A large hand grabbed the back of her vest, jerking the young woman through the air and slamming her into a tree trunk.

"It was a nice effort," the S-Ranked criminal stated. "But you are mistaken if you think you could escape us."

The hand tangled in the girl's fiery red hair, jerking it up so her neck was clear as the tail came in. However seconds before impact it froze, not breaking the skin. Jill wheezed from the air being knocked from her lungs, eye painfully opening to stare at the large man dressed in an Akatsuki cloak.

"Jill?"

Her brows furrowed in confusion, wonder how this criminal knew who she was. The man's shoulders shifted before pulling apart as someone emerged. Her eyes widened. "Sasori?" Though the former Suna Ninja hadn't aged a day since his disappearance so many years ago. "So the rumors are true."

He sighed, shaking his head. "Yes, I am a member of Akatsuki." His eyes scanned the girl's beaten body, taking in her appearance. "You made ANBU."

"Five years ago."

The puppet walked forward taking the limp arm in hand, grasping the shoulder. "This may hurt."

The pop was loud, Jill hissing, "Fuck!" Slowly testing the muscles to be sure everything was correctly in place the young woman looked up at the S-Ranked Ninja. "Thanks... But why are you helping me?"

"Let's just say we're even now." She looked at him questioningly. "I know you've been following our movements and could've easily turned us in at any time. But you didn't."

"Only because I didn't have enough evidence."

"With your skills you could've easily persuaded the Kazekage to look into the matter."

He had a point. The young man moved forward, pulling up the injured leg. The gash was still bleeding, using his puppet string to pull the skin back together. He did the same to the back of her head from being thrown into the tree.

Jill looked Sasori in the eye when he was done. "What do you want?"

His wooden lips pressed against hers, the gesture not surprising her. In fact, she almost missed it, from when they were friends, lovers. But that day had long since passed. "Silence."

"You just killed my whole team."

"I'm sure you can come up with something. You're very convincing."

The young woman cocked a brow. "You just sewed all of my wounds back together."

"It'll hold for a few hours before dissolving. You'll have enough time to make it back to Suna. It doesn't leave any residue behind so you won't have to worry about the Medical Ninja discovering anything."

"You know, it's scary how prepared you are for this."

The puppet cracked a small smirk in amusement before quickly wiping the emotion from his face. "You should get going."

"What will you tell your leader?"

"There are enough body parts here to make a decent report."

Slowly, Jill stood, using the tree for support. "I'll see you around then?"

"Hopefully not."

She gave him a bittersweet smile before leaving. Testing the injured leg Jill crouched, springing high into the trees and disappeared. Shaking his head, Sasori moved back to the larger puppet body and climbing inside. The criminal collected the heads of all the Sand Ninja before moving towards the hideout. The young man could only hope they did not see each other again, for the next time they would have no choice but to kill each other.