One Week [Deidara] for Vladimir Kieran Andre Kirklands

"I'll see you later, Danna."

Sasori cocked a brow, watching the bomber take another path. "And where are you going, brat?"

"Did Leader not tell you, un? I have the week off."

"Don't get yourself exposed."

"I'm not stupid, yeah."

The puppet scoffed carrying on back to the hideout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Iwa market was bustling with activity as villagers moved from stand to stand, buying, selling, and bargaining items. "400 yen, Lana," an owner shouted over the noise. "How have you been holding up, lately?"

"Fine, Ryo!" Her hand rummaged through a pouch, pulling free the money and handing it over. "How's business?"

"Busy now with the summer months coming! People are getting ready to travel." Lana smiled, dropping the food into a pack on her back. "Can I give you a hand?"

"I'm fine, but thank you!" She situated both crutches under her arms. "Say hello to your wife for me!"

"I shall!" The man watched as the girl merged with the other pedestrians.

The teen continued to pick up a few more things stuffing the pack full before hooking a plastic bag over a shoulder. Though it got caught while maneuvering around people tearing it open. Lana was about to cruse, only for the falling food to be recovered by someone. She grinned in relief looking up at the traveler wearing a broad bamboo hat that covered their face, and sighed.

"I owe you one, but you're playing a dangerous game by showing up here."

The brim tipped up revealing the face of the S-Ranked criminal. Though his long hair was pulled up in a tight bun, cloak discarded and wearing normal clothing that did not give away the fact he was a ninja.

"As if they could figure me out, yeah. I've been doing this for years."

She giggled before they moved on. When they arrived at the stairs to the complex Deidara swung the girl onto his back and moved towards the second level. "It's a little messy," she warned. Flicking on the lights the terrorist cocked a brow.

"You call this dirty? You should see the hideout, un."

Setting her down she used one crutch to help move through the kitchen to put everything away. Minutes later, Lana flopped down onto the couch with a sigh, leg swinging up so she was completely draped across. Meanwhile, Deidara sat opposite on her in a love seat.

"So, how has work been?"

"Busy." Of course he couldn't go into detail for her safety. "How are the students at the Academy, un?"

"A handful. But their energy is infectious so I love it." The teen's stomach growled, causing him to snicker.

"I'll go make us something to eat, yeah."

Rummaging through the cabinets he searched for ingredients, pulling them out before setting to work. In reality Deidara was an amazing cook, but was not about to let the other members of Akatsuki know that anytime soon. It'd be more of a hassle then benefit. He only saved it for when he came to visit, mind wandering to the girl sitting in the other room.

The criminal wished he could take her with him, but an event sealed her fate years ago. It had been an accident on a mission, dropping a bomb when a rogue threw him to the ground and causing it to roll off. Their other team member was thrown towards the object by another opponent head first, Deidara's eyes going wide. His face would be blown off. Lana appeared out of nowhere, gripping an ankle and whipping the ninja around before throwing him into the trees. But there wasn't enough time for her to clear the blast and it ripped off the bottom half of the left leg below the knee.

Immediately the two finished off the rogues before rushing back towards Iwagakure before she bled out, Deidara tying his headband around the leg tightly to try and stanch the flow. But there was no way to attach the limb, which had been completely ripped apart. Even if they recreated the leg it would never be the same. Her career as a ninja was over. And the blonde blamed himself for it. For weeks he refused to see her, even in the hospital. Lana had to literally break down his door with a crutch and smacked him around. She couldn't care less about the fact that her leg was gone, the girl was more upset with the fact that he never came to see if everything was okay.

Their relationship mended and he became more involved in the ex-ninja's life during therapy and coping with a missing body part. Her life style had to change completely, and finding an occupation proved to be difficult until the Academy called, wishing to hire the teen to teach hand signs and geography. Deidara never saw her so happy.

But unknown to him was the fact that when he defected many people began spreading rumors. That the terrorist truly was heartless and meant to cause harm to his teammates, Lana accidentally getting in the way. Deidara was only trying to repay for his sins by sticking around before dropping her without a care in the world to become a professional criminal. Though the S-Ranked Ninja figured there was talk. But Lana ignored it all, knowing the real story and she wanted nothing more but to disappear with him, yet knew she wouldn't survive.

Deidara had just finished placing the food on the table when two arms wrapped around his torso, cheek pressed against his back. He chuckled lightly. Even with her disability he was still amazed how stealthily she could move on one foot with or without a crutch. "It smells delicious."

"Well, I hope you're hungry, yeah."

"Don't worry, I am." He turned in her arms, kissing the top of Lana's head before picking her up. "I can sit myself."

"I know..." But the teen still felt the need to help.

They ate in silence, Lana gathering the plates when they were done to wash, only to have Deidara come up from behind and turn off the water. His lips ghosted over a shoulder, arms wrapping around the girl's waist and pulling them tightly together. "You know I can't give you what you want, Deidara."

The rogue's head shook. "No, you can. I want you, un. I've always wanted you."

"You'll leave in a week, and then what? We live two different lives."

"I'll come back. You know I always do, yeah."

"But it takes weeks, months-"

Deidara turned her head, kissing the teen fully on the lips. She couldn't help but melt against his body, hands gripping his to hold on. "I don't care. Just let me show you that I mean everything I say, yeah."

Lana turned, pulling his hair free before tangling her hands in it and kissing him again. The ninja easily picked her up off the ground moving from the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, the week came to an end, Deidara waking to find Lana fast asleep beside him, his arm securely around the girl's waist. Leaning forward he kissed her forehead, removing himself from the bed and dressing. Before leaving the S-Ranked criminal couldn't help it, kissing Lana's bare shoulder. She shifted, but otherwise remained asleep. "I'll be back, Lana." Pulling the sheet up higher, he whispered, "I love you, yeah."

Tugging the bamboo hat down over his head, the ninja relocked the door and moved towards the outskirts of Iwa. He found his cloak and normal clothing inside the base of a tree, changing once more before heading off. Once again, Diedara found himself promising something: one day, one day he would forever leave Akatsuki, and somehow find a way to be with Lana. He owed her that much for everything he put her through.