Cecil suddenly recalled their accidental kiss back in the academy, and she wanted to burst into flames. 

I can’t take this! 

My heart--my heart is going to jump out from my chest!

She bit on her lower lip, her eyes wandering around as she felt her heart drumming her ears. 

On the other hand, Xue was taken aback by her nervous response. He had expected such words from her, but in a lukewarm manner. 

Not in such a…shy and coquettish manner.

Xue did not know how to react, he was frozen like a statue. 

Is she shy because of me? 

Is she shy because I casually mentioned it? 

Just like that, the tiny bud of hope inside his heart started to blossom. At the same time, he was bewildered, he did not know the actual reason behind Cecil’s flustered actions. 

Haru watched the loving scene between the two couples with a deadpan as he was seated opposite them. 

“Yun…” 

Yun placed his drink down, looking at Haru. 

“Why do I have to witness the birth of these two idiotic couples?” 

“Seems like we are not only celebrating for Shin,” Yun brought his drink up, smiling slightly. “We are celebrating the budding romantic phase of couples.” 

“Captain! Yun!” Ryo exclaimed, throwing his arms around their shoulders as he bumped his drinks with them. “Cheers!” 

Some of the beverages spilt out, staining Yun’s kimono and Haru’s face. 

The two of them remained nonchalant with a sigh, clearly used to this. 

Meanwhile, Shin who sat beside Haru and observed the romantic scene of Cecil and Xue felt somewhat aggrieved. He reached out for the drink that Kiyae left behind, and almost gulped in down when he felt a force tugging his hand away. 

“No no, you little guy,” Kiyae grinned, her face flushed. “You aren’t legal, only juice for you!” 

“Oh, she’s awake.” 

“Damn drunk kissing monster.” 

“She might try to kiss someone again.” 

Shin grimaced, accepting the juice offered to him. 

“Little Shin, cute little Shin,” Kiyae hiccuped, leaning in. “Come, let this big sister give you a kiss to spread the joy…” 

Shin blanched, feeling a shudder down his spine. 

Haru and Yun rushed forward, paling and they held the drunk Kiyae back. She was still pouting her lips, and Shin scuttled back in horror. 

“You crazy drunkard!” 

“Kiyae, wake up!” 

Ryo laughed once again. 

“You idiot Ryo, don’t just stand there and laugh!” 

***

The banquet was over. 

Everyone was sleeping in their respective rooms.

Cecil awoke some time later, heading down the corridor to the kitchen of the inn, wanting to grab some water to quench her thirst. 

She was on her way back to her room, when she noticed the light leaking out through the sliding wooden doors that led to Shin’s room. She blinked sleepily, befuddled and she pushed the door open.