He's Gone

It was a dark and rainy night in New York city, Shredder was fighting Splinter on top of the Wolf hotel building. April, Raph, and Slash were knocked out. Casey fell off the roof and is now too injured to fight. While Splinter was still fighting strong. I was watching the fight in horror. Splinter may be strong but Shredder's mutation made him even harder to defeat. His skin was too hard to cut and he is much bigger now. When I saw Shredder throw my father against a wall I tried to come and help but I couldn't move. It was like my feet were glued to the ground. 

"What the hell, Why can't I move?" I mutter. I looked back at the fight and saw Splinter slowly getting on his feet while Shredder was running towards him. "FATHER!!" I yelled and tried even harder to run to him but my feet were still stuck to the ground. 

I looked back in time to see Splinter trip Shredder off the roof while April and Raph got back on their feet. I took a breath of relief but that was short lifted when I heard April and Raph scream. I looked up and saw Shredder's blades in my father's chest. 

"DAD!!!" I screamed in horror. Shredder then threw Splinter off the roof and I fell on my knees, bawling. "....N-No, t-t-this ca-n't be real..." 

I looked back up to see April throw Shredder off the roof with her psychic powers but I also saw something else: a dark shadowy figure was standing on the edge of the roof smirking evilly.

Before I could get a closer look I started hearing a voice calling my name "Karai? Karai, are you awake?" 

Everything started fading and I slowly woke up to find I was in a hospital room. I looked around and saw my four brothers smiling at me. I felt relieved for a second that it was only a dream but, was it?  No, the dream was too strong but maybe not all of it happened. Maybe he was Okay. I thought but when I looked at the turtles I could sense that they were hurting and I knew it was because Splinter...was gone. 

I wanted to cry but I didn't, I couldn't not in front of my brothers. I didn't feel like I should have the right to share their pain. After all it is my fault Splinter is gone. If I had only listened to him none of this would have happened. Father had told me time and again that revenge leads to more pain and of course he was right. He was right about everything. I was just too stubborn to listen! 

"How are you feeling, Karai?" Donnie asked. 

I could tell that they were all stalling to tell me that Splinter was gone so I decided to spare them and just ask even though I already knew. "He's gone, isn't he?" They all looked down sadly which made me want to hug them but again I didn't have that right. "I had a dream that Splinter's gone?" 

I told them and Leo was struggling to find words to say. They then asked me where Shredder's lair was and they told me he was still alive. I wanted to go with them but I wasn't in good shape so I told them where it was and I wished them good luck.

Once they were gone I started crying. "..I'm sorry father, I'm so sorry..." I whispered.

 A nurse then walked in. I quickly wiped away my tears and looked at her. "Hi sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asked kindly. "I feel peachy." I said sarcastically, my arm hurt and my whole body felt sore.

 The nurse chuckled a little and smiled. "Well don't worry I'll get you some painkillers in a little bit but first I need your name and your parents' phone number." 

My eyes widened a little. What was I supposed to say? If I tell her I don't have parents they'll take me to a foster home. I have to think of something quick. "..Um..Sure but do you mind getting me a cup of water first my throat feels a bit dry." I started making fake coughs and  the nurse put down her clipboard . "Oh, of course. I'll be back in a bit." 

The nurse started heading for the door but then stopped when she remembered something. "Oh! And just to let you know the doctor will be coming in a few minutes to take some blood tests." She said and then left the room. 

That freaked me out even more. If they took my blood they'll find the mutagen cells and send me to a lab. I have to get out of here now! I quickly grabbed my stuff, got out of bed, and climbed out the window.