Chapter 3

What does he mean by changes, what has happened to me? “To put it simply the basic facts are this, I had to make you man.” The reality of the matter strikes me just as hard as the bullet did. Man. Two legged. Mean. Ruff. Unforgiving. Careless. Stupid. Why? I stare at the strange man and began to growl in anger. He only laughs which futhers my hatred towards him, “We will definitely need to work  on your speech. I am Moon Teller. The shaman of this Shawnee village.
Me. Two legged. Was there no other way to save me? He hands me a dish with a liquid substance in it. I place my nose by it to try and detect danger and it goes right up my nose! It burns the inside of my nostrils! I shy away from it unsure of its purpose, I hear laughter coming from Moon Teller. Frustration pours off me as my irritation of this man is clearly stated once again by my low growl. He only laughs harder, I try to lunge at his throat but instead thud against the ground sideways because I am unable to properly operate with my new body. “I will be back in a little bit, I know this might be hard but try not to go anywhere.” He laughs at his own joke then leaves.  Somehow I understand what he is saying but I can't seem to speak like him. 
I stare at my cold shivering body, I really took my fur for granted, thankfully I still have some left on my head and face. I huddle over the fire and try to warm myself, thankfully my efforts were not in vain, my body slowly begins to warm up, I’m not sure what these new changes will mean for me and to be honest I am quite scared, my biggest concern is that I will turn out the same as my old master.
After being left to my thoughts for a while, Moon Teller returns .” You are indecent, I have some clothes that should fit you.” he sees me next to the fire, “And they should warm you up.” I stare in shock as he places the fur of dead animals next to me, I am not putting that on, I scoot away from him and the pile of my unfortunate friends. “I know that this is hard for you and that you don't understand yet but I will teach you how to live like us. But first we must get some clothes on you.” My blood runs cold as he starts moving towards me. Stay over there, this is my corner, don’t even think of touching me, I warn him with my growling but it is to no avail. 
He attempts to place what he calls a shirt on me, it looks like a giant collar, I bite his hand several times but he doesn’t give up. After many failed attempts he throws the shirt down and storms outside, I inwardly laugh, I have finally won against the two legged. A few minutes later he returns with a bowl of cooked meat, it’s about time, I am starved! He places it in front of me and I dive right in. Eating is harder, my mouth is shaped differently and doesn't fit down in the bowl like it used to, I am hungry enough to not care. Once I finish my meal I start feeling really sleepy, my eyes slowly begin to slide closed no matter what I do to try and stay awake. I unwillingly drift to sleep.
I awaken with the sun and thankfully it’s not as cold as today, my eyes close as I yawn, that’s when I see it, the reason I’m not cold anymore. The crazy old man must have covered me while I was sleeping. Infuriated, I helplessly attempt shredding the animal skin off my body, with no success I sit there in disgust. With no way of moving around I decide to take a closer look at my surroundings. This dead tree shelter has a rounded frame and is covered in twigs and mud, there is a rug that hangs in the opening.
Moon Teller enters with what smells like deer meat, sitting down he places the bowl beside him. “I brought some breakfast, are you hungry?” I crawl towards the delicious smell, as I am about to wrap my watering jaws around one of the juicy pieces of meat he snatches up the food and taps me gingerly on the nose. “Today we begin your lessons.” I cock my head and try reaching for the meat again, this time he hits me harder on the nose, am I gonna get fed or not? “Like this.” He instructs, I watch him grab the cooked meat with his twig-like paws and place the food in his mouth.
I mimic his motions the best I can, I fail many times to even pick the meat up, then I try getting it in my mouth, it falls to the ground, in utter frustration I swat the bowl away and commence to eat the meat from the floor. A scolding yell casts memories of my past and I am quick to shy back into the corner of the shelter, the thoughts of getting beat like before causes whimpers to escape my lips. Moon Teller cautiously approaches me oblivious of my fears, his hand raises, I prepare myself for the blow that is sure to come but instead his hand is gently placed on my back. Not sure of what he is doing I open my eyes and see the regret in his eyes. 
“I didn’t mean to be so rough with you, I see now that I did not apply my patients very well. Let’s start over.” He backs away and gives me time to process the fact that he isn’t going to beat me. Over the next hour or so he carefully shows me every detail, making sure to leave nothing out. Once I get down the technique of how to use my fingers, that's what they call the twigs on their paws, I mean hands , I am able to eat my breakfast. It’s already lunch time by the time I eat my first meal and I am worn out. Moon Teller leaves me to rest as he has people to help in the village.