Chapter 14

Passion and I pick our way to the cave I have often visited, I start a fire and the warmth soon reaches us both. Passion’s grazing lulles me to sleep. Dawn hits my face and awakens my sleeping form. I put my fire out with the water from the nearby stream and jump on Passion one last time. We ride for the first quarter of the day till we reach the wild herd that commonly roams near the village. I slide from Passions back and pull off her headstall. She anxiously awaits my next command, I slap her flank with the end of my reins and she squeals while racing towards the watching herd. I watch for ahile to make sure they accept her before going back. 
I’m mentally and physically exhausted by the time I reach the cave as night catches me. I rebuild the fire and strip before washing in the nipping stream. The cold quickly reaches my bones making me run to the fire as soon as I am finished. I redress and sit in the quiet night glad for no more company then the owl in the trees outside. My thoughts settle as I tire and sleep finds me swiftly. 
This is a morning of change, a morning of unease. But nothing will make me go back now. I enter the village as it begins to stir. Moon Teller awaits my presence in his wigwam. I enter and he softly smiles, “We will need to be somewhere private, Is there a place you know?” He questions. I nod and anxiously wait as he finishes gathering his things. I lead him to the cave and he restarts my fire. He tells me I will need to undress and places a fur under me where I can lay. 
After awaiting my fate for a painstaking amount of minutes he brings a bowl to my lips. “Drink and rest.” Is all he says before darkness takes over my spirit. When I wake I am extremely warm, hot almost. Moon Teller looks over and smiles, he got tall, I think then it dawns on me, he didn’t get bigger I got smaller! It worked, I can’t believe it worked! I jump up but quickly fall back down, not this again. Moon Teller helps me steady myself, “You will have to take it easy at first, you have been down for half the week.”  
I can’t express to him the happiness, joy, and thankfulness I feel., but looking at his eyes tells me he can tell. I take my first few steps, then trot, and then I run! I haven’t ran like this in forever. My long tail is back!!! It’s bushier than I remember but I can balance and run through sharp turns. I have my tail!!! I jump and roll feeling complete once again. I stop for a moment and look at Moon Teller then at the woods then back at him. He nods his head letting me know I am ready. I bound over the creek and into the woods to the clearing where the she wolf and her pups are. 
She comes at me from the side, I saw nothing till she slammed into my side, I am under the magnificent beast as she growls and snarls at me. I nudge her nose and take her by surprise, she lets me up and sniffs my entire body. Her heart lightens and we both bound into each other, we race and play for many amazing minutes before I ask about the pups. She shows me the group of mini hooligans playing and biting each other. I am finally home.