IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER

Start from the beginning

"What?"
I asked. I am not sure if I heard it right.

"To be a lawyer, it requires immediate understanding of situations. You heard me, Lisa. You were just occupied by something or someone on your mind the moment I told you my address."
He is so fucking smart.

"Ye— yeah. Because I know someone who lives there, Sir."
I said and he laughed. He asked me a lot of questions about that person I know who lives at Florence. I told him too about my desire to become a great lawyer someday.
I even admitted to him about my special condition being an intersex and he is okay with it. We really had a good conversation along the way.

He was guiding me with our way to his house as soon as we entered this executive village. My heart is pumping so hard. What if...?

What if he is the father of Jennie Kim? What if they are related?

And here we are, in front of the house of the woman I used to bring home when I was courting her. I just didn't have the chance to go inside.
We waited for their helper to open the gate.

I helped Mr. Kim come out of the car and pulled his artificial leg under his seat and carried it too.

"Lisa, I'm surprised that you're with Mr. Kim."
Their helper knows me. Of course.

"Oh. You know her?"
He asked their helper and she nodded.

"Why does she know you?"
He asked.

I was about to respond but...

"Dad! Oh my god! What happened? You should have called me.
Lisa!"
Jennie was surprised to see me with her father as we entered their house.

"There was this stupid guy who bumped me without even apologizing. Maybe he was too horny to fuck that girl he was with right away inside their hotel room."
He angrily said.

"I'm sorry to hear about that, Dad."
She said and she took his Dad's artificial leg from me and I guided Mr. Kim to sit on the couch.

"Take a seat, Lisa. Have your dinner here and let's wait for my new leg and I'll bring you to my office in a while. I have to show you some collection and give you some books."
He said and I smiled at him.

"By the way, why do you know each other? Same school? Oh yeah, same school."
He said and Jennie and I nodded.

"Jennie, how's your heart?"
He asked his daughter.

"I caught him cheating, Dad."
Jennie shyly said and looked at me.

"Ugh! I told you many times to introduce him to me."
He said and really looks disappointed.

"Did he cheat on you, Jennie? We saw him this afternoon."
I asked and my ears are becoming red. I got this fire inside me wanting to hit Kai since we're at the hotel earlier.

She nodded.

"I will really punch that guy. He did not even say sorry to your Dad at the hotel."
I slipped.
Shit.

"What?!"
Jennie reacted.

"So, that horny guy who entered the hotel room beside our conference area was Jennie's boyfriend?"
Mr. Kim asked and I nodded and looked at Jennie.

Jennie composed herself not to cry.

"Jennie, stop seeing him. He is not good for you. Do you hear me? You know how I always support your happiness, child. But that guy is a big no."
Mr. Kim told his daughter and Jennie nodded.