43- the trial part 2

"Why should I believe you?" Gulf's voice trembled a little.

Kao: I know you will say this! That's why I don't want anything to say and simply accept my punishment. But remember this Gulf 12years back when we are at the brink of war between Emeraldah and sapphire, the moon temple ruled out Emeraldah has nothing to do with Thara's disappearance! If the first time Thara was kidnapped by my father then Moon temple wouldn't have said that.

Indeed kaownah father was innocent, people of the kingdom and the present king have always remorseful towards that.

Gulf: but that doesn't mean I did that!

Kaownah could only laugh and looked around the throne room. As his eyes landed on Off.

"So Off can I ask you something"

Off narrowed his eyes at him.

"It's an important day in our lives Off, so no one would forget that day! The first time Thara got kidnapped, we crossed paths. Do you remember asking me where was Gulf and Thara?"

Off was silent and thought about that day.. indeed it's a important day that was engraved into his memory inch by inch.. his head hung low.. he remembered this part too..

Off: you said you saw them in the west wing.  So I went there and found Gulf walking down the stairs..

A tear formed on the beautiful eyes of the omega.. what is this? Did he the one who really locked Thara in the west wing and forgot about it?

Kaownah: that day my father was not here in the palace. I remember it. He out out for investigating a disturbance in the forest. The first time it was Gulf's ignorance but my father, the one who supposed to be the king of this land was punished and humiliated for that. He was heartbroken and became weak, then when the second time again Thara was kidnapped by someone. You all just assumed it's my father and accused him.. he died from the humiliation and my mother followed him to the death. When people look at Me and my brother, they see us as criminal's children. My brother's mate didn't even trust him and caused him immense pain...

His eyes were red with anger And looked at Gulf, who was standing there with shocked expression on his face. 

Kaownah: it was all because of you and ignorance Gulf.

'It was all his fault' as the heaviness of the situation sank in his heart, his legs became weak and the tear drops escaped his eyes.

King: he was just a small child when it happened, he might have not known the consequences that day for what he has done.

Kaownah: me and my brother was also a kid when we lost our parents and treated like a criminal.

The king bowed his head for the first time. It certainly was a very unfair matter. But all that happened was in the past, what can one do now except to ask for apology and repent their sin.

Gulf walked to him with his trembling legs and knelt in front of him with tear filled eyes.. the instant he knelt everyone was up from thier chairs and stood stunned... Even kaownah was shocked to see the prince at his knees... But he regained his composure..

Gulf: iam at fault here, iam not ashamed to kneel in front of as you are my brother too and I want to ask for forgiveness, but  what I did was unforgivable! I have to be punished for the sin I have committed...

Kaownah just rolled his eyes at him and turned his face..

Gulf: if death of me will bring satisfaction for you, then iam ready to die.

Gasps can be heard throughout the room

Gulf: but can I die after giving birth to my child?

he cried his heart out kneeling in front of kaownah.