50. Budding Insecurities

Mulai dari awal

They are fine...

He knew she wanted to say something more due to the ellipses she left out at the end of her last text. He wondered if it had to do anything with Dev. Now he was curious. They never really talked about how Annika would face Dev when she meets him in her class. He hoped the guy did not misbehave with Annika. It was his fault to leave Annika alone despite knowing Dev was in the same class as hers. After thinking for a bit, he typed his next message.

Did you meet Dev?

Her one-word reply took more than two minutes to come. She was clearly in a debate to tell him the truth or not. He hoped she learned her lesson and chose to open up.

Yes

Look, Annika, don't hide things from me

When did I hide anything? I met him and that's what I told you

You took two minutes which means you were in two minds about telling me or not

Annika heaved a sigh thinking how well Shivaay knew her. She quickly replied.

We can carry this debate forever. I met only Dev. Only Dev.

Did you think about it?

Shivaay knew what she meant. He tapped his phone on the desk for seconds before deciding to reply honestly.

I did not

But why?

I am sorry

Why are you sorry?

I must be coming across as to be forcing you

I don't want to. Please don't think like that

Take your time

You overthink a lot

I was so busy the whole day that I didn't get time to think. If I said I will, then I will

Mr. Mishra, Shivaay's personal assistant, knocked on the door informing him about a client who will be paying him a visit soon. He quickly typed a parting message to Annika.

Got to meet someone very soon.

See you at home.

***

Annika was busy studying when Shivaay returned home. He knew she had tests coming up soon. He couldn't but miss their little coffee and snacks time every evening where they would share interesting things about their day. There was a time he thought it to be a boring and meaningless ritual. Now everything with Annika felt too beautiful to miss.

An idea struck his mind. He quickly made coffee for both of them and asked a house help to bring some snacks.

"Break time," he tinged the glass with a spoon and entered Annika's study room. The girl was a bit annoyed due to the disruption during her study time at first. Seeing Shivaay's face, she couldn't even blame him. Their coffee time was equally missed by her. Moreover, the day went bad. She deserved a dose of SSO after going through four hours of lecture and two unwanted conversations.