Chapter 31: Goodbye, for now

The time has come for all students at Hogwarts to return home for the summer holidays. For me, this meant going back to Draco's manor for the summer as I couldn't return back to the place I used to call home.

I cast my gaze over my room one last time to make sure I had packed everything. I had already sent Hermes over to Malfoy Manor the night before and I had shrunk my trunk so all I had to carry was my bag and cat carrier.

I was wearing clothes for comfort today, as I had a long journey ahead. I had on grey jogger bottoms, a black crop t-shirt, white chunky trainers and I had my backpack which Draco had enchanted with the extension charm. My bag was filled with snacks, drinks and my shrunken owl cage and trunk.

I sighed a content sigh before shutting my door for the last time this year

I sighed a content sigh before shutting my door for the last time this year. I made my way to the common room with Dash in his carrier and my bag on my back. "Hey Luc!" Blaise called me over as I descended the stairs. "Hey Blaise! Are you ready to go?" I asked as I sat next to him on the sofa. "Indeed! I'm just waiting for the others." He sighed. 

"Lucia!" Two voices exclaimed from the boys stairs. I waved at Crabbe and Goyle as they came down the stairs with their trunks in tow. "Are you guys all packed up?" I asked as they sat on the sofa opposite Blaise and I. "Yep!" They both exclaimed happily. I smiled at their eagerness. "Where's Draco?" I asked, concerned. "Making sure he has everything; he'll be down in a minute." Crabbe told me. I nodded. "We're going to start heading over. You coming?" Blaise asked as the boys stood up. "No, thank you. I'm gonna wait for Dra-" I was interrupted by two hands covering my eyes.

"Guess who?" The familiar voice asked. "Spiderman?" I asked with a smirk. "Who?" He asked, shocked as he pulled his hands away. "Oh, it's just you, Dray." I said, feigning disappointment. "I was really hoping it would be Tom Holland." I added, still keeping up the act. "Who?" All four boys asked in the same confused tone. I laughed at their reaction before choking out "A muggle actor!" The look of realisation on their faces sent me into another fit of laughter.

"Wait, you really hoped it was him over me?" Draco asked, sounding hurt. "No, you goofball! I was joking!" I exclaimed. A look of relief passed over his face as I shook my head at how serious he thought I was.

"Well, come on then! Otherwise we're gonna miss the train." Goyle nagged. We all made our way to the carriages. We all shared one on the way to Hogsmeade station. When we approached the Hogwarts Express I gave Dash's carrier to the conductor who placed him safely with all the others.

The five of us found a large and empty compartment. Draco sat against one of the walls with his arms around my waist as I leaned on him with my legs on the seat in front of me. Blaise and Goyle sat opposite us with Crabbe next to them. Later we were joined by Seamus, Dean and Neville.

"It's my Gryffindor boys!" Blaise exclaimed as he entered the carriage. Everyone chuckled at his excitement whilst the boys sat; Dean and Seamus, who were now out and dating, next to Draco and I and Neville were sat across from them by Crabbe. When the two groups initially merged Neville was the most reluctant in the idea of it but now it was like the eight of us had been friends since birth.

The train ride was filled with laughter and stories of the past year. It was a wonderful end to a definitely strange year.

As we neared the station everyone began to pack up their carry-ons. "I'm going to miss you guys." I said as I zipped my bag. "Oh Merlin, not this again!" Blaise exclaimed as he packed. "We can all meet up in the summer. It's not like we're all getting sent to Azkaban." He added "Yeah, that makes me feel better." I said with a hint of sarcasm.

"We're here." Goyle said. Everyone made their way off the locomotive and re-joined on the platform. I quickly grabbed Dash on my way to the group. "Well, it's been one hell of a year. But, I've got to go now." Seamus said sadly. "I'll see you during the holidays?" He asked the group. "Of course, Shay. We'll have to all meet up!" I said as I pulled him in for a hug. One by one the group broke off, promising plans for the summer as they left, until it was just Draco and I.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded and smiled at him. He held my hand in his as we made our way to his parents. Narcissa beamed at us as we approached. "It's so lovely to see you again." She told us as she pulled us both into a warming hug. "As it is, you." I said as we parted. "We have a surprise for you at home, Lucia." Lucius said with a grin. I looked at him confused which only made him grin more. "Urm... thank you?" I asked in an unsure tone. "Don't worry it's nothing to worry about." He assured me. I sighed in relief and nodded.

*Time skip to Malfoy Manor*

I walked into the kitchen with Lucius and Narcissa watching excitedly, Draco was by my side, looking just as confused as I was. Sitting at the breakfast bar were two adults. The women had light blonde hair and deep brown eyes. She had subtle and delicate features. The man to her right had raven hair and bright, blue eyes. He had a sharp jawline and strong features. They both looked very familiar but I couldn't place my finger on it.

"Luciana." The woman breathed after a minute of the 3 of us staring at each other. "Mum?" I questioned, at the sudden realisation. Her hair and features were very similar to mine and her voice was extremely familiar. She nodded as tears began to pool in her eyes. I quickly crossed the room and wrapped my arms around her, she instantly returned the gesture. "Dad?" I questioned the man next to her, he nodded and I instantly pulled him into the hug.

Tears welled up in my eyes at the long-awaited reunion. We pulled apart as I looked at my parents happily. "You're really here." I said, stupidly. "Yes, the Malfoys are old friends of ours and they recently got in touch." My Mum told me with a big smile. I turned to Mr and Mrs Malfoy and profusely thanked them for their act to which they told me it was no problem.

"I can't believe it's really you." I told my parents as I wiped away my tears of joy. "It's really us." My Dad said with a wide grin. "We have so much to talk about!" I exclaimed, happily. "We do!" My Mum beamed.

There was a pop that I recognized as apparition. The cause of that then walked through the kitchen doors. To say I was surprised was an understatement. "Professor Snape?" I asked, confused. "Luciana." He acknowledged. He then looked over to my parents and gasped. "Evanna! Matteo! It's really true!" He exclaimed. My Mum and the professor then proceeded to cross the room to each other and embrace the other into a hug.

When they pulled apart I stared at the two, dumbfounded.

"You know my Mum?" I asked the professor in shock. "You never said anything I added. Snape drawled "Your mother is my younger sister on my mother's side."