baking a cake*

This is inspired by a comment on tiktok, so all the credits go to the person that commented it!

_____________________________________

Tamaki looked around at the ingredients, trying to figure what to put next. He looked at the cake batter he has so far and back at the ingredients, grabbing what seems like the right choice and putting it in there, mixing it together with the rest of the batter.

It was your birthday tomorrow and Tamaki wanted to make a cake for your birthday, showing his love for you in that way. The only thing he didn't think through was the fact that he didn't know how to make a cake, the last time he made one was when he was a little kid so that wasn't gonna help either.

Tamaki sat on the couch and thought about the best way he could make you a cake. He started looking up recipes on the internet but decided last minute that it might be better to ask an actual baker, just so that your cake could be perfect.

That's how Tamaki ended up going to a bakery, asking for advice. Before even asking advice, he looked around the bakery nervously, not knowing how to ask it and right when he was about to give up, the worker asked him if they could help.

Tamaki knew he couldn't pretend like he didn't hear them because he looked at them so he had no choice other than asking the question. Tamaki nervously asked his question, explaining why he wanted to know, only to be hit by the old bakery owner saying "Aww young love", making him get more flustered than he already was by just mentioning your name.

The baker would explain it as good as they could but Tamaki would slowly start to lose focus as the bakery became more and more crowded, getting stressed from the amount of people around him. Tamaki still listened until the baker finished explaining and thanked them, walking out and only remembering a tiny bit of what the baker explained to him.

That's how he ended up here, mixing too much of the ingredients and thinking it looks fine, until he puts it in the oven. He waited on the cake happily, humming a song while he cleaned the kitchen up, being excited to see the results.

So when the timer finally goes off, he looks into the oven through the glass, only to be hit with disappointment. He would sigh a bit and shake his head, feeling disappointed in him self.

You did so much for him but he couldn't make a simple cake? How sad was that? In his eyes he didn't even deserve you, but he was happy to have you in his life.

Tamaki takes it out of the oven after its cooled down, trying to fix the cake a bit but getting more upset when it gets ruined even worse. He sighs and puts it down on the counter again, being really upset about the fact that he couldn't even make a simple cake.

Tamaki looked at the spare ingredients he had left over and smiled bigly when a random idea suddenly came up in his mind. Yes, he might have ruined the cake at first, but at least he had more ingredients and you to help him.

He called you, asking if you could come over for a little surprise, still wanting to keep that part a surprise for you.

You arrived at his place, not much after and Tamaki opened the door happily, being glad to see you again and pulling you in a hug, nuzzling his face into your neck, smiling bigly.

"Tama baby, it smells burned in here-" You said softly, making Tamaki let you go and look everywhere in the room, but not at you.

He was too embarrassed to confess that he tried making a cake and it failed, but when he glanced at you for one second and saw your worried face, he couldn't help himself from telling you the truth.

"Well u uhm I tried to bake because it's your birthday tomorrow but I failed-" He said quickly, hoping that you didn't hear it, but to his luck, you heard him clearly.

"You wanted to make a cake for me?" You asked with a pout, feeling really loved and appreciated by him, already knowing that he loved you a lot, but you never expected him to go out of his way to try and bake something for you.

"I I know it's not much but I-" He answered quickly, stressing and thinking you didn't even like the idea, only to be cut off by your soft lips for a short bit, you smiled at him as you pulled back.

"It means a lot to me Tama." You said softly and poked his nose, playing with his hair gently and knowing that that calmed him down. "Does it really?" He asked softly and you nodded, smiling at him.

"It really does-" You answered and he looked down. "Well too bad- I ruined it." He mumbled and you grabbed his face gently, looking into eyes.

"It's about the effort snd you tried right? That's what matters and in any case, I'm here now so if you still wanna bake, we can try to bake a came together?" You suggested and Tamaki nodded quickly, a smile creeping back on his face.

You guys went into the kitchen and Tamaki explained everything he remembered while you added to the missing parts, having the recipe complete now.

You guys played around a bit, making a light mess of the kitchen and getting some batter on each other and exchanging a few kisses here and there.

"Here, let me get it for you-" You said softly as you leaned closer to Tamaki, pecking his lips and licking some batter of his lips, making him turn red and freeze in his movements.

"Y You can't just do that like that-" He said nervously, making you laugh a bit and shake your head. "Come on now, let's put it in the oven." You said innocently, pecking his lips again and acting like you just didn't do that.

You put the cake in the oven while Tamaki still was frozen in his movements, making you giggle as you walked back to him.

"Let's clean up before the cake is done." You said softly, making Tamaki get out of his trance as you guys start cleaning up together.

Right when you guys finished cleaning up, the cake was finished and you guys let it cool down, waiting on it so you could eat it soon and let's just say, it was worth the wait and all of the effort, because both of you absolutely loved the cake.