✞Chapter 29✞

Asher's POV
Roman and I stood in the shower, letting heavy puffs escape our mouths. I rested my head on his chest as he held me close. The thick, warm air laying heavy in my lungs, comforting me.

Roman reached behind me and turned the water off, grabbing the towel and wrapping it around me. He took a step out of the shower and wrapped the second towel around himself, reaching out a hand to escort me out of the shower. I felt my cheeks go rosy as he looked deeply at me, after everything that just happened. I smiled toward the floor, reliving ever second of it in my head.

I reached into my toiletry bag to scrunch some moose into my hair to stop it from puffing up. When I finished, Roman smiled at me and grabbed my hands, pulling me toward his body. I smiled deeply into his embrace and let my body melt into his touch.

"Asher, are you home?" My dad yelled, absolutely ruining the beautiful moment we had just shared. I looked to Roman panicking as he panicked with me. My eyes were ready to shoot out of my skull.

"Uh, yeah dad." I replied. "Just getting out of the shower." I yelled. Roman quickly pulled his clothing on, making a run for the window in the bathroom.

"Where's Roman?" He asked, making his way closer to the door so he wouldn't have to yell.

"He uh, just ran out to get me food." I lied. Roman looked back at me angrily.

"Now I can't come back without food!" He whisper yelled. I shrugged innocently.

"I was hungry." I replied softly, ushering him out the window and laying a soft kiss on his lips before quietly closing the window, letting him climb out on his own. I cursed myself silently as I pulled my own clothes on and opened the door.

My father looked suspicious and stepped in slightly taking a look around. "He said it's raining downtown right now. How funny." I said pretending to read a text on my phone, hoping to cover for his wet hair. My dad lightly kissed my forehead and walked out. I huffed a breath of relief and finished getting ready.

I quickly pulled out my phone to text Ro.

To Ro:
Hey love, tell my dad it was raining downtown when you see him if he asks about your hair please. That's what I said. I love you!
-Asher.

He simply sent me a thumbs up emoji and moved on, probably cranky that he now had to go get me food. I wasn't cranky though.

My feet carried me to the living room subconsciously, something it had done for years. My dad kissed my cheek as he saw me enter the room and he turned the television on. Smack down was playing tonight, so he put that on. "How was work?" I asked my dad.

"Uneventful." He replied simply, taking a small sip of his beer and smiling over at me. I smiled back and tuned into the show. I saw that it was Brie and Alicia against Summer and Nikki. Needless to say, I was invested in this match.

Alicia was in the ring absolutely demolishing Summer, as one would expect. I watched intently as Alicia picked Summer up and power bombed her into the matt, pinning her. The ref almost reached three before Nikki cheated and broke them up. Brie immediately ran in and began fighting with her sister. She grabbed Nikki by the hair and threw her onto the floor, over the top rope. I smiled as I saw Brie climb onto the top rope and point her two fingers into the air. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" The fans chanted as she moved. He quickly jumped from the top rope directly onto Nikki, who was still on the floor from earlier. Alicia leg Dropped Summer and pinned her, getting her full three count and cheering for herself, as Brie climbed up and held her hand in the air, congratulating her.

I picked my phone up and shot a text to Brie.

To Brie:
Congrats on the win girl! Tell Alicia the same for me. Thanks! Cant wait to see you again! :(
-Asher.

I was quickly startled by a knock at the door, so I got up to check it. There Roman stood, his hands full of Taco Bell, my biggest cheat food. In that moment I was more ready for a round 2 than ever, but I had to control myself so I just popped a kiss onto his lips, rewarding him with a little bite before pulling away and winking at his flushed face. I grab the food from his hand and smile, making sure to sway my hips as I walk away from the tall man behind me.

I hear Roman clear his throat before he walks in fully. "I got enough for all of us if you want some, Jared." I heard Roman say as he took of his shoes, stumbling slightly as he did causing me to giggle. My eyes floated over him, and back to the food in front of me.

"Oh, thank you!" My dad said as he stood from his chair, turning off the tv and swiftly walking toward the dining area. My mouth began to water as I opened the bag filled with delicious tacos. As I opened it I saw my personal favourite, the Doritos locos tacos and chilli cheese fries. A small gasp escaped my lips a I stared down at the food in front of me in awe.

"You okay?" Roman asked, chuckling at my reaction. I licked my lips and nodded my head continually, the excitement consuming me. My dad laughed loudly at my reaction and rubbed my hair on my head, then lightly pushed my shoulder pulling me out of my food daze.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks out of embarrassment as I sat in my chair and began to unwrap my taco.

The rest of the dinner consisted of a lot of laughs, good food and smiles. My dad was really starting to grow a liking toward Roman, as I'd expected him to. Roman was the love of my life, and I think my dad could tell that. We obviously still had many hurdles to jump for our relationship, considering the age gap we shared. But I didn't care. Sooner than I'd like, I was upstairs packing my bags before we had to go to Pensacola. I had a few weeks to recoup before returning to work, and Roman had taken the same amount off so he could take care of me.

I carefully packed my wrestling bag, making sure to fold everything so that the least amount of wrinkles would surface. I smiled as I picked up one of my old gloves, and remembered all the things that had happened while I was wearing them. I met all of my best friends In these gloves, and I met Roman in these gloves. I packed it into the bag, swiftly letting the memories pass through my mind. Soon I was packed and ready to go. I jumped as I heard an unexpected knock at my door.

"Are you excited pumpkin?" My dad asked as he opened the door. I simply smiled and took a deep breath. He could obviously see the nerve building up within me. "What's got you nervous?"

"I don't know." I muttered. "I'm excited but I can't imagine anything being my home apart from here, in this house." A lump began to grow within my throat, but I sucked it down. "I'm so excited to be there, I guess just initially taking the step to leave you is nerve wracking."

My dad nodded understandingly as I got to my feet and pulled him in for a hug. "I'll miss you daddy" I mumbled.

"I'll miss you too princess." He said. "But it's not like you'll never see me again. I'm right here next to you, always." He said as he handed me a locket. I let a single tear fall as I pulled the gorgeous antique locket out of his hand, immediately recognizing it as my grandmother's locket she always wore. When I opened it I noticed the picture as when I was five, my dad was holding me on his hip while holding a football in his hand. My mom had taken it when he wasn't paying attention.

"Wow, dad. I don't know what to say." I said, my teary eyes looking up from the locket to my father. He took it from my hands as I turned around and let him out it on for me. I smiled as I looked down at it. He left a kiss on my clean hair. "Thank you."