Chapter 12- Partying and Dancing

Start from the beginning

“I forgot to mention. Ty is very competitive. He plays to win no matter the person. We were playing Monopoly at a family reunion. It got to the point where Ty owned all the utilities and he didn’t let anyone by without paying the fine. Our grandma included despite the fact that she was dead broke.” He chuckles a bit. I have to laugh too. That sounds like Ty. I do ‘Jump in the Line’ by Harry Belafonte with Devlin. It is a good duet. He catches on fast. I can’t see how we are doing, but I think we are doing pre-tty decent. After the dance, I am worn out and get some water. That game really tests your energy level. RING!

“Ai, since you are up and all could you?” yells Leon.

“Why not? Since I am up and all. . .” Must be the pizza guy. I find that the end table near the front door has the pizza money. I put down my glass and open the door.

“Hello!”  The pizza guy says with a smile as he looks me up and down.  He has to be a few years older than me in college maybe. I am in sweatpants for goodness sake, the baggy kind that scrunch together at my feet and an oversized tee shirt. No cute cheerleader shorts and tank top.  What is wrong with boys? “What is your name? Or your friends’ would be fine too.” He makes a point of looking at my chest and then behind me.  I turn around and see Sasha and Rua standing behind me in protective stances .

“I don’t think that is necessary. Could you just give us the pizza? Then you should leave. I am sure there are other people who want you. . to come deliver their pizza of course.” I make sure he knows we are not interested. I try to put a bored look on my face as I hold out my hand. Big mistake. He puts his free hand in it. I swipe my hand away wiping it on my pants.

“Why don’t you just give those pizzas to my girlfriend?” Devlin steps beside me with his arm slung on my shoulder.  

“Or we could take them from you? Is it too heavy for you?” My brothers come into the foyer. Kai has his arms wrapped around Sasha’s waist. Leon is standing behind Rua. Seth walks to my other side. The pizza guy looks a little surprised and scared. This guy is lanky. My brothers and Devlin not so much. 

“Here. Sorry about that.” He hands us the pizzas and takes his money. No tip is offered of course. He doesn’t complain either. He walks off obviously a little embarrassed. Poor guy. He was not expecting that ambush.

“Where were we?” Devlin puts the pizza in the middle of the living room on the floor. I grab some paper plates to eat off.  Everyone is pretty relaxed and tired from the game. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon. After two and a half boxes, my mom comes downstairs.

“I hate to go all principal on you guys, but look at the time. I bet none of you even did your homework. It is only Tuesday night. It is time to clear out.”  We all look at the clock. It is 9:30pm. We sit for a while not wanting to leave. Rua is the first to move.

 “I will just call my sis to come pick me up. She has been calling me since I got here anyways,” says Rua as she pulls out her phone.  Leon groans.

“Leon!” reprimands Rua as she waits for her sister to answer.

“You know she has it in for me. She is going to be pissed when she finds out you are at my house.” 

“Hey sis. Ugh. .No, he doesn’t mean that.” Rua glares at Leon.  “I know I should have called. I’m sorry. I wanted to know if you could pick me up. I’m at Leon’s. *Pause* Can you just pick me up?” She sounds exasperated.  “Thanks. See you in a minute.”

“I could have just dropped you off,” Leon says.

“You two would still meet,” she points out. Devlin taps my hand.

“I’m going to get some water. Anyone need anything?” Everyone shakes their head, so he gets up. I get up too a minute later.

Once we are in the kitchen, I ask him, “What?”

“I wanted to ask you earlier if you want to go on a date this weekend. I have games all day Saturday. So maybe Friday or Saturday night? You pick.”

“Could we hang out both days? I don’t know which to pick.”

“Okay. Sure. Friday, we can relax. Saturday, do you want to go out to eat, then?”

“Yep. I would love that. We should go to Colonial Diner.”

“It is decided then. Look forward to it.” We walk out of the kitchen to hear a HONK! HONK! 

“That’s my sis. Sasha,let’s go.” Rua tries to rush out probably to avoid her sister and Leon meeting. Too bad because her sis gets out of the car anyway.  The auburn haired beauty struts up to Leon. She is a lot taller than Rua, so she is at Leon’s level.

“Leon. I see you are leading my sis on again. I know she can be cute, naïve and gullible, but you should cut her loose already. Stop torturing her. She deserves better for her future. ” She seems to be laying it on a little thick.

“I wouldn’t do such thing. I told her from the beginning about my feelings for her. Your sister chooses to hang out with me. I have to admit, I do enjoy her company though.” They glared at each other for a few minutes. I swear I could see lightning bolts coming out of their eyes. Rua drags her sister to the car. Then, she mouths a sorry to Leon. Sasha gives Kai a goodbye kiss and hops into the car too. Rua tries to wave as they drive away, but her sister slaps her hand down.  Poor Rua.

“Does that remind you of something, Ai?” asks Devlin.

“You bet it does. How about you Leon? You know, having people against your relationship sucks, doesn’t it?”

“One, Rua and I don't have that kind of relationship. Two, we have reasons. That she-witch doesn’t.” He walks back into the house. Kai and Seth follow.

“Bye. See you tomorrow,” I say as Devlin walks to his car. Ty and Ben are already in it. Suddenly, Devlin stops, turns around and walks toward me. He kisses me on the cheek.

“I think we should keep this up as a daily ritual,” he says.

“I agree.” I gather up my courage and kiss him on the cheek. He puts his hand on his cheek and smiles back.  

“See ya.” He walks to his car a little too happily. He is so cute. I am about to walk back in my house when I hear, “Aren’t you two adorable?” I turn around and see Ty waving with Ben behind him smiling. I blush, and then I think of a good comeback.  “When are you two going to get together?” I ask smiling. Ty blushes and turns around. The window rolls back up with no parting words. Ha! Finally, Ty is always trying to embarrass me. There are so few times I can tease him. Now,I have just the perfect thing to tease him about. I walk back in the house satisfied with myself.