EPILOGUE- A Hypocritical Happily Ever After

A.N: Hello, lovelies. This book has finally come to an end! I haven't been updating since like last month...so, I decided to finalize Twisted Fate with a sweet epilogue. Enough babbling, enjoy c;

------------------------------------

Epilogue

<Darren's P.O.V>

-6 years had passed, after Darren and Lauren's marriage!-

I walked into my home with my hands full with presents. I was dreadfully tired, but the thought of seeing my family helped me up. Ah, home sweet home.

"Hey, I'm home! Where are my two lovely ladies?" I exclaimed cheerfully, putting down the presents under our Christmas tree.

I sat down on the velvet couch and rested as I waited for my wife and daughter to greet me.

"Daddy! Welcome home!", Janessa cheered as she came out with her mother.

"Hey, sweetie. How was work? Dinner's ready!" my wife rushed me and my daughter into the kitchen, for supper.

Since it was Christmas eve, our dinner table was full.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner went well and Janessa was sound asleep in my arms. I looked over at Lauren, who was knitting a scarf.

"I'm such a lucky man, Lauren...to have a wonderful family. I'm blessed" I said to her, softly.

"D'aw, well, aren't you romantic today? I'm glad I accepted your proposal 6 years ago. If I never agreed to marry you, who knows where I would've been now?" Lauren replied as she laughed quietly.

I chuckled and put Janessa down on her bed. I walked quietly over to Lauren and gave her light peck on the cheek. I sat down next to her and watched the night sky from our window. 

Everything was perfect. 

I had everything in the world I could ever wish for; a wonderful job, a loving family, a beautiful house...and love.

"I love you, Lauren. I can't explain how much I love you. As cheesy as this sounds, I'm glad I met you on that rainy, spring day" I told Lauren, as I embraced her into my arms.

"I love you the most. I hope our daughter meets a gentleman as charming as you" Lauren replied as she laughed.

I chuckled and saw the snow falling softly outside. What a perfect Christmas Eve...

I wonder what could've happened if I never met Lauren...If I never proposed to her that night. Huh, that will remain forever a mystery....

THE END.