48: Stranger Than Fiction

It was the lunch break of a Wednesday and all students of Adore U were busy minding their own business. However, contrary to everyone's expectations, the thirteen friends of Rose Quartz were not together. They each spent quality time with their soulmates in the own special ways. It was strange but a breath of fresh air for a change.

Chan and Seokmin were at their classroom, listening to music by sharing earphones.

"I really like this song. Can you sing it to me sometime, Kyeomie?" Chan pleaded.

"Sure. I will sing it to you the next time you will sleep over at my room," Seokmin agreed while doing an Eskimo kiss to Chan.

"I will be looking forward to it," Chan smiled.

Seungkwan and Vernon were at the cafeteria, eating.

"Vernonie, can you get me some desserts? I am suddenly craving for sweets," Seungkwan said.

"Anything you particularly like?"

"How about a Red Velvet cake?"

"But you already had that for two consecutive lunches already. You even had it twice yesterday," Vernon reprimanded.

"Fine. Then, buy me a slice of that black-pink cake?"

"Another cake? You got me feeling like a psycho," Vernon clutched his hair.

"But I want a cake. Look, I'm gonna make this simple for you. You got two choices. Yes, or yes?" Seungkwan stated.

"But I want some ice-cream sandwich." Vernon whined. Yes. Whined. Even though he was a Paragon, he was still, physiologically, younger than Seungkwan because of their Age Deceleration ability.

"You get yourself an ice cream sandwich while you get me cake. How you like that? It's a win-win situation."

"Fine, if that is what you want," Vernon gave up. He took Seungkwan's left hand and kissed it before standing up to buy their desserts.

Jun was with Minghao, who was finishing an artwork in the art room. With nothing else to do, he was taking pictures of Minghao.

"Finally, I'm done," Minghao exclaimed. "How is it, Junnie?"

"It's beautiful," Jun hugged him from the back and planted a kiss on the top of his head. "But you're more beautiful, Haohao."

"Stop it!" Minghao covered his face with his hands.

"Woah... easy there with your power, Haohao," Jun reminded his soulmate as Minghao began to glow again.

Jihoon pulled Soonyoung in the music room as he wanted to play the piano. Soonyoung was so into it that he created dance moves for the piece Jihoon was playing right on the spot.

"That dance was amazing, Soonie," Jihoon complimented.

"Nah, I just made it at the spur of the moment," Soonyoung dismissed. "By the way, whose piece were you playing?"

"I composed it myself," Jihoon shyly answered in all honesty despite desperately wanting to hide the fact.

"Really? That was amazing," Soonyoung cupped Jihoon's face and kissed his cheeks. "My soulmate is so talented."

Jihoon blushed, "S-s-so are y-you."

"By the way, why do always like the music room cold, Ji?" Soonyoung rubbed his arms.

"Because according to what I have read, cold air makes sounds louder. That's why I always make this room cold," Jihoon answered.

"Really? How interesting," Soonyoung commented.