33: Rite of Passage: Part 1

"Are you both ready to fulfill the prophecy?"

"W-w-what are y-you talking a-about, C-c-cheol?" Joshua blushed and stuttered.

"Ugh... why are you so cute?" Jeonghan chuckled at Joshua's reaction.

"Well, since I already bonded with Jeonghan, I also need to bond with you according to the prophecy," Seungcheol reminded Joshua.

"As in now?"

"Why? Don't you want to?" Seungcheol pouted and whined. "'Do you want me to die, Shua?"

"N-no... it's not like that. It's just that it's too sudden," Joshua reasoned.

"Joshie..." Jeonghan whispered.

"I know. I know. If I don't bond with Seungcheol, he will die tonight," Joshua stated. "Just give me a few minutes."

"Okay, sure." Seungcheol understood.

Joshua faced Jeonghan, "Han, does it hurt, you know, being bitten?"

"Well, it hurts for a bit then it will feel good afterward," Jeonghan consoled. "Trust me. I've been there just a few minutes ago."

"But what if Cheol can't stop drinking my blood?" Joshua was worried.

"He won't since the moon is still not fully up and if he does, I will be here to stop him," Jeonghan continued. "But I guess you more or less have an idea on how dominant and rough Seungcheol must be so I think you better prepare yourself."

"Hey! I can hear you, you know? I am just literally several inches beside you," Seungcheol protested. Jeonghan and Joshua giggled.

"Okay, Cheol. I think I am ready," Joshua exhaled slowly. "I will put my trust on you and Jeonghan."

"Don't worry. I'll try to be as gentle as possible," Seungcheol promised.

Similar to what he did to Jeonghan, Seungcheol slowly leaned into Joshua's neck until Joshua could feel the Paragon's breath on his skin. Seungcheol let his fangs graze along Joshua's neck and Joshua shivered at the sensation. Meanwhile, Jeonghan was simply enjoying the spectacle unfolding before his very eyes.

"Cheol, stop teasing," Joshua whined. "Hurry up, will you? The sooner you bite me, the better. I don't want to lose any of my soulmates."

And just like that, Seungcheol sank his fangs on Joshua's neck, savoring the liquid he was drawing out from his soulmate. As this was happening, Seungcheol's eyes changes from a vibrant blue to a very light shade of blue. Joshua's eyes, on the other hand, turned into a vibrant blue, similar to the current color of Jeonghan's eyes.

Having still full control of himself, Seungcheol just stayed there for ten to fifteen seconds before stopping. Joshua became slightly lightheaded as soon as Seungcheol stopped; he fell backwards to Jeonghan's chest.

"Are you okay, Joshie?" Jeonghan asked to Joshua.

"Don't ask about me; ask about Cheol," Joshua responded. "Cheol, did it work?"

Knowing somehow that it did work without even actually testing it, Seungcheol replied, "Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely," Seungcheol made a light breeze sweep past Jeonghan and Joshua. "Thank you, both of you, for saving my life."

It was at that exact moment that the Super Blue Blood Moon became full and shone from behind the occasional clouds. Both Seungcheol's and Jeonghan's eyes glowed and they immediately felt the effects of the moon in their bodies. But despite the agonizing pain they were feeling right now, Joshua's scent was bombarding their system like an anesthetic and, at the same time, an aphrodisiac.