Fostered?

Tommy Pov
———————
I heard my name being yelled from downstairs so I quickly went downstairs. I knew that meant the family was here and I was nervous even though I knew they wouldn't want me. I followed Miss. Howard to her office and waited till she called me in. "Thomas! Come in" she said happily.

I walked in the room where I was met by a man wearing a green and white hat, a teenager wearing a yellow sweater, and a teenager with bright pink hair.
The guy wearing a green and white hat spoke up first. "Hello Thomas, I'm Phil and these are my sons. Techno" The pink haired teenager waved. " and Wilbur" the teenager wearing the yellow sweater waved.
Phil smiled at me. "I was wondering if we could talk and get to know each other before we leave?" I nodded slightly, it didn't really matter to me if we talked or not, I knew he wouldn't want me.

"Great!" Phil smiled brightly. "Well can you tell us about yourself Thomas?" I looked at him and sighed. "My names Thomas but I like to be called Tommy. I'm 14 years old and I've been in this orphanage since I was 5." I stared blankly. Phil had a slight frown on his face. "What do you do for fun Tommy?" Wilbur asked with a smile. "Um..there's not much to do around here..but sometimes I go and play kickball with the older kids.." I barely spoke over a whisper. Did I make Phil upset already..? Did he already decide he didn't want me..? I really didn't mean to make him upset...

Techno looked at me and smiled just barely. "Are you good at kickball?" He said with a small smirk. "I like to think so..but probably not" I smiled slightly. I liked his personality, he seemed interesting. "...can you guys tell me about you?" I asked softly, hoping they didn't get upset by the question.

Phil smiled brightly. "Of course! We all enjoy playing Minecraft. I adopted Wilbur and Techno when they were 4." I listened closely, this was the first family I had met where I wasn't the only adopted kid. I looked at Phil to see if he would continue but instead Wilbur spoke up. "I enjoy making music and playing my guitar" he spoke excitedly like he was hoping I would be amazed and to be honest, I kinda was. I absolutely loved music so it was cool that he made his own music. Techno finally spoke up again after staring at me for a second. "I play Minecraft and enjoy fighting. Me and Wilbur are twins but I'm the older twin." He spoke softly, it was almost like he could tell I was nervous.

I accidentally let a smile slip and the second I noticed I was smiling, I quickly stopped. It didn't seem to go unnoticed by the others though as Wilbur and Phil were smiling brightly.
"Well Tommy.. how do you feel about is fostering you for a bit and then if you don't like us, we could bring you back? Though I'd really enjoy fully adopting you." Phil spoke with a soft voice and a huge smile. I looked at him in surprise. "Really..? You want to adopt me?" I was shocked, this isn't how the meetings usually go. Phil just nodded and smiled.

I smiled and nodded slightly. "I'd like to try..."