The past comes to haunt you...

(TW: Contains mentions of abuse and parent leaving)

Tommy's Pov
———————

"Mom?!" I yell while looking around, she had to be somewhere around here right...? She wouldn't have left me. I went to every room until I saw a note on her bed.

Tommy,
I couldn't stand taking care of you any longer. So your father will be the only parent in your life from now on. I'm sorry I have to leave you with him but you'll be okay. You're a strong boy.
- love,
Mom..

~time skip~

That was 10 years ago. I'm now fourteen and I live in an orphanage. I still hold onto that letter and I don't really know why considering it's nothing special. It's not something my mom gave me, it's just another thing that proves my family didn't want me.

I've been in the orphanage since I was five. My dad was horrible and abusive always blaming me for everything especially the fact that my mom left. I don't remember much about my mom and dad but I remember the pain that my dad caused me. One of our neighbors had ended up calling child services and saving me from my father. That's how I ended up in this hell hole.

The orphanage really isn't that bad but I still would rather be a normal kid with a loving family. I never get picked anymore though considering my papers say that I don't trust easily and that I'm a problem. No one ever wants me but I've gotten used to it and I don't care much about it anymore.

My daily schedule is to go downstairs, eat a bit of breakfast and then go back to my room until lunch. I had made a couple friends with some of the older kids, but I didn't like to annoy them so I left them alone most of the time. I usually just sat in my room listening to the birds chirping outside.

I heard people talking outside my door and quickly whipped my head around when the door opened. Miss. Howard smiled softly at me. "There's a family that is coming later to meet you....please try with this one Thomas.."
I hated being called Thomas and she knew that. "Okay..." I whispered softly. She left the room and I quickly got up and got dressed into a normal daily outfit. It's not like I had much nice clothes and I didn't really care. They'd probably just said the wrong name like the last family. I was never anyone's actual first choice so I didn't even try to act like I was.