Goro and Haru charged at each other. 

***

“I did it,” Jehan laughed happily to himself as he coughed out more blood. “I really did it.” 

Jehan lifted his head up, smiling at Xue with his blood-stained teeth. 

Cecil was silent, her shoulders shaking as she sobbed quietly. 

“Moreover, in front of you,” Jehan murmured out, still smiling. “Looks like my host isn’t all that almighty.” 

“...”

Xue exhaled sharply, his face a deadpan. 

He was clearly not bothered by Jehan or his words, because his priority was another person now. 

He was still hugging Cecil close to him, his arms around her waist and his lukewarm expression grew gentle. 

“Cecil.” 

“...”

Cecil did not respond. 

Jehan was piqued at Xue’s indifference, gritting his teeth. 

“Yo-you, don’t you care?!” Jehan pointed at Xue. “Just watch, I’ll steal all the power and soul fragments from you!” 

Xue ignored him again. 

He would get his soul back anyway. 

Why would he care about some useless provocation? 

Cecil crying in his arms was more important now. 

“Cecil, are you okay?” 

“I...I can’t believe that they…” Cecil mumbled out, still trying to recover from the shocking scene. “They didn’t even know me…” 

“...!”

Jehan was currently being treated like empty air, especially by the person he was trying to provoke. 

He was irritated. 

“I’ll steal her away too, Cecil Lan!” Jehan hissed out. “Your money, power, title, woman and much more! They will all belong to me!”

Xue stiffened. 

Cecil slowly lifted her head up, tears clinging to her eyelashes. 

Seeing that their attention was on him now, Jehan was satisfied as he grinned devilishly. He started to ramble on about his grand plans to take over Xue’s position as the host. 

Cecil knew Jehan from the novel. 

He was the evil soul fragment Xue would encounter in this continent, however, once again, the appearance of this soul fragment was earlier than expected. 

Jehan was greedy, arrogant and an attention-seeker, and he didn’t like it if anything stood in the way of his goals. Even if that person was his friend or lover, he would not hesitate to hurt them to achieve his goals. 

The moment Xue encountered this soul fragment in the novel, they would already be engaged in a big fight and Xue would win. 

However, the victory wasn’t easily achieved. He was heavily injured since the soul fragment was stronger than he expected, after absorbing more souls. 

Thus, that led to an infamous romantic scene in the novel. 

It was a favourite scene of every reader. 

Cecil thought back to the novel, and she finally recovered from the shock. 

That romantic scene was now thrown out the window, since Xue...likes her.