Chapter 31

Previously on Delicate:

A huge sign of 'MR and MS GENIE High' on the main stage of the theater. Everyone took their seats and a few moments passed, it was starting to grow a bit more dimmer. It got dimmer until all the lights are out, then a spotlight shone in the stage, there stood their school principal.

"GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WELCOME TO OUR ANNUAL PAGEANT TRADITION... MR AND MS GENIE HIGH!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was shouting and clapping their hands. It was a wild crowd to be exact. Classes screaming their class representatives, people screaming a bunch of names. The crowds were absolutely being loud that their screams can be heard at the makeup room where all the contestants are already preparing for the show. The four girls are standing next to M/n's chair, putting on makeup to his face. Lisa was working on M/n's eyes, while Rosè was in charge of his lips.

Jisoo and Jennie were on standby, in case the two are finally done, Jisoo can now apply the wig she brought and Jennie, the outfit she prepared for M/n. "Wah! Daebak! Your skin is so flawless! It's so smooth!" Lisa complimented the boy to which he blushed and got flustered by the compliment. "Yeah! And his lips are so pretty!" Rosè added. They continued to work on his face while on the other side, Tzuyu was also getting groomed by her friends. While Nayeon was putting on foundation on her, Tzuyu's attention is on the other side of the room. She's glaring at M/n through her mirror. She clenched her fist as she wished if she could just rip that face of his from his head, she'd do it right now.

She could see the potential that M/n could actually win, even though there are two titles. She's sure that she can claim the title for Mr. Genie but it's M/n she was threatened. If M/n won, it might be his step into gaining more popularity and he could kick her out of her place and attention will get to him. And M/n could steal Taehyung further away from her. She knows how close the two are, and it's not just close as friends. Tzuyu can see through Taehyung's eyes that being friends with M/n is not his motive.

Tzuyu have made her fair share of moves at Taehyung. Every lunch time, she would want to sit where Taehyung sits. She would always talk very flirtatious with him, but Taehyung isn't even taking the bait and wouldn't flirt back to her. She sends him messages everyday and wouldn't get any reply from him. Although there was one thing that she could always get away from, whenever she would wrap her arms around Taehyung's arms, Taehyung wouldn't even take it off and people would say things like how good of a couple they would make and Taehyung was very nonchalant about it. She sure loves it whenever M/n sees them like that, how his face would turn sad and looks like he's about to cry, and that would always make her happy. She knows Taehyung has feelings for M/n, it was very obvious, and it honestly bothers and disgusts her. But she swallowed her pride for Taehyung, because she knows that it's a few steps further for her reputation and to boost her status amongst the girls in school.

She looked one last time to the boy and norrowed her eyes at him, it was as if she was ripping off his flesh, his guts, and his face in her mind before rolling it and focused on other things, she needs to win this competition.

back to m/n...

The four girls continued to pamper M/n as if they were entering for a national competition. Everything was in place. Lisa and Rosè looked at his face, and they nodded in satisfaction. "We just made another masterpiece, Lisa-ya." Rosè said proudly as she keeps looking at M/n's makeup. Lisa hummed in agreement, they then high fived each other, then giggled. M/n was confused as to what he looks like because he has his eyes closed for the past 30 minutes now and he honestly can't wait to open his eyes to see what he looks like. "You can open your eyes now, M/n-ah." Rosè informed M/n and M/n took a big breath before slowly opening his eyes.