The Calm Before the World Shook.

"Your preparations are complete, General Gyozen?" Only a few faces were on screen this time, a few UN members and other select individuals. Minus Serizawa of course.

The general, in a more chipper and excited mood than usual, nodded. "They are. The fleet's amassing, Kiryu has been restocked, reloaded and upgraded, and our other Mechas have been upgraded and are at the ready." He chuckled his eyes opened to reveal a menacing gleam to them. "Tomorrow, when the time is right, humanity will strike back."

A few of the officials seemed... hesitant and one asked. "And what of Mothra? What will happen with her?"

"A relic. She and her fairies are no longer needed. We will do our best to subdue her in a less violent manner." Gyozen immediately answered with little remorse in his voice. "If she stands in our way and proves too much as an obstacle, that will be on her." The general narrowed his eyes at the official. "Do not forget what she is, what she's capable of, her true allegiance. She is no less dangerous than any monster. Another false goddess that lords over humanity."

An official nervously spoke up. "Surely this isn't-"

"May I remind you that she isn't the sole protector of humanity? She is the keeper of balance, but what does that exactly mean?" Gyozen stood and walked towards the screen with a dire expression. "This is about humanity, do not forget that. what happens if the balance is ever put before us? The monsters, no matter how benevolent they appear to be, are ultimately not allies of ours. Not even Queen Caesar, who is said to be humanity's spiritual guide. What guide of humanity would work with beings like them? What had she been doing all this time, as humanity suffered?"

Gyozen took a breath and said, "We have to be ready to make sacrifices for humanity's sake, for our goal of doing more than surviving. We must not concern ourselves with their survival, not the benefit which they've reaped from us for so long." His gaze took on a harsher look and he said. "All those lives lost, all because of them and their rampages, even before the invaders arrived. We are done being sidelined! We are done cowering in fear! We are done being preyed upon! Humanity will strike back!"

He faced away from them still speaking, as several screens behind him came on, "Starting tomorrow, before the sun even rises," They revealed numerous battle plans and mechs at the ready for deployment, "The Earth is for humanity! Nothing else!"

The officials clapped and praised the man ready to take on the goliaths, to lead humanity forward. The monsters had no idea what awaited them and Mashiro Gyozen couldn't wait to see them fall.

XXXXX

Gojira sat and watched the ships from the beach. He watched as they sailed in and out of view, just beyond the horizon to wherever they came from. He hated it, he hated them, he hated everything about humanity. They were a worthless plague that deserved to be annihilated most of the time. Under normal circumstances, he payed them no mind like he first did... but if he had the opportunity, he wouldn't mind maybe giving them their just deserts.

A few relative feet away, Orga and Queen Caesar were watching them too. The alien rubbed her temples, "They took down our armada despite their lack of technological advancement. Shameful."

"It wasn't a lack of advancement." Queen Caesar took a moment to think before saying, "They're simply more weapon focused."

Orga stared at her before saying, "That... actually, you may be right."

Queen Caesar gave her a deadpan stare. "I'm literally a Kaiju who watches over humanity. Of course I'm right. I'm know them better than most."

"Oi." Orga grunted with an eye roll, though it couldn't be seen since her eyes were completely yellow. 'Note to self: any monster with queen in their name and gold on their bodies is arrogant.'