“Just like how Ephert coerced the previous lord, we’ll do the same to him,” Yun smiled slightly. “But to Goro, since Goro is in-charge of this town now.” 

“Judging by how they were planning to kill us all earlier,” Haru rubbed at his chin, tilting his head. “I don’t think Ephert would allow us to take away his lackey so easily.” 

“Goro wouldn’t take it lying down either, he’ll put up quite a fight but...” Ryo started to yawn, tears clinging to his eyelashes. “I am...so sleepy…” 

Ryo walked to the couch, sitting down on it and starting to nod off. 

Yun and Haru weren’t bothered by Ryo’s sudden change. 

Meanwhile, Cecil and Hana blinked rapidly at Ryo. 

So fast! 

It’s a little too fast…

Their thoughts aligned with one another. 

“Ryo will be here to protect both Kiyae and Shin,” Yun nodded, looking towards the group of four. “But for the rest of you…” 

Hana tilted her head. “Hmm?” 

“You were originally here to save the children, but not here to help us in kidnapping someone,” Yun adjusted his glasses. “Your strength would help us immensely if you helped us with this, but ultimately, it is your decision.” 

“Mhmmm…” Haru scratched his head with a sigh, walking towards them. “We won’t force you to work with us for this, since it wouldn’t be an easy task to capture Goro, even if you are...stupidly strong.” 

Haru directed his gaze to Xue and K’xug.

“You guys even helped Kiyae without us begging,” Haru dropped his arrogant demeanour for once, his tone sincere. “Whatever decision you make here, we won’t argue against it.” 

“Eh?” Hana smiled. “Of course we’ll help you!” 

Cecil nodded along. 

K’xug shrugged, he didn’t mind it at all. 

“I...am curious about something,” Xue stated, frowning at Haru. “I’ll go with you.” 

K’xug and Cecil knew what Xue was exactly curious about. 

The weapons and arrows covered in light magic. 

How did they end up here? 

Xue felt uneasy. 

If the angels were even touching the mortal realm, Xue would not like it one bit. 

He did not want to be in another place where angels surrounded him again. 

“For once, you seem like the captain of the team.” Cecil noted, looking at Haru. “You aren’t saying “bow to me peasants” or recounting stories about you in a bar or tavern.” 

“Oh, hahaha!” Haru guffawed. “You want to listen to another story like that? I have plenty!” 

Cecil flinched. “Eh?” 

“See, one day, we were in a bar again drinking away and Ryo woke up because he felt like he found a friend to fight with in the bar and--” 

“Captain, now’s not the time.” Yun sighed.

“No, Haru, there’s no need to.” Cecil laughed nervously. 

“Mhmm, not again!” Hana covered her ears. 

Xue and K’xug also covered their ears. 

“So what happened then, Ryo thrashed the whole bar since he could not hold back against a strong opponent and Kiyae was--”