Chapter 28

︎⚠︎ TW - Suicide Attempt ⚠︎

Duke

We watched as Kaylani talked or whatever she said to Savannah. I tried to get to her as she started crying but Caleb but a hand on my shoulder. "Go after her once she run out, High chance that's what she'll do. Let her get this out her system." He said, It hurted watching her cry and in pain as her voice got louder.

"You took my love. And know I don't even know how to feel about somebody." She said as she looked at me, then she looked away wiping a tear. "I don't know what it feels like to like somebody, sense I haven't. Never had." She said as she started crying again. I felt bad, I knew they left, and yet I was harsh on her knowing what she been through. But she never deeply explained everything as she just did. She ran out the room.

"Give her a second then go." Caleb said.

Instead of running right after her, I walked up to her mother. If I knew Kaylani correctly she'll want to talk and I know where to go. "Kinda harsh, She really missed you before finding out what really was going on." I said having a seat on the desk.

She looked hurt. "I love her so much. She so perfect, She's everything." Her mom cried. "I was shocked when I found out she arranged this.." She said and looked up at me. "What are you to my...daughter?" She asked wiping her face.

"A close friend." I said.

She nodded. "The one she don't know how to feel about?" She questioned, I nodded. "Kaylani is a sweet girl on the inside, she may keep things away from people because she's scared to get hurt." I nodded again. Her eyes locked with mines. "Keep her happy for me. Have her come see me one day." She said, yet it sound like a demand.

"Of course, I really love her. I understand her more now." I said.

She smiled. "You keep her happy, keep Angel happy, Caleb..Is just Caleb." She chuckled. "Go on..I know you wanna find Kaylani now." She said.

"I will." I said getting up, I waved at everyone and left. I would've said Savannah is sweet but she My love. My love, I like that title. I saw Kaylani car was gone, I got in mines. A few places she can be, 1. At her house. 2. At my house, 3. Getting food. Or 4. Where she regected me at our spot. The 4th option was only a few minutes away, the closest place, Kaylani hate driving at in the state she's in high change she'll be their.

I drove their only 10 minutes away, and I was right her car was parked their. I walked up seeing a body figure standing at the edge. I slowly walked closer and it was Kaylani, She was crying still. She kept lifting up on foot, Like she just wanted to commit. I grabbed my phone out keeping a eye on Kaylani. She stepped back and sat down away from the edge taking deep breaths. I called kaestle.

"Get your asses here right now, my location is on. I need help, this girl is a hand ful." I said quitely.

"What is she doing?" She questioned.

"She's trying to..You know..End her life?" I said.

"Try to stop her!" I heard her father yell. Of course I'm on speaker.

"I will, But I still need help, she stubborn." I said my voice came out louder than expected as kaylani looked at me then walked back towards the edge.

"Kaylani.." I said slowly. "Back away from the edge." I said slowly walking towards her.

"Duke just leave. My life is a fucked up hell loop. Whats the point?" She asked as she placed her foot down for a second but lifted it back up placing it over the edge. "Who did you call?" She asked.

"Kaylani theirs people that love you." I said taking another step closer.

"Right like who? Clair? Mark? They both hid something deep from me. Savannah? Oh wait, she abused my siblings then claimed to love me. Caleb? Elijah? Wait they both knew I was Clair child but didn't tell me. You know what they all have in common? They all knew Everything that I didn't know but recently learned. Your family? Comepletely ingorned me, claiming I was the reason you didn't eat, or anything. But yea people love me, but they are not here!" She said.

"What about me? What do you think of me?" I questioned stalling her. She stepped back. We was still far away from each other, If I wanted to grab her I'll have a run for at least 30 seconds, 50 seconds a max.

She stared at me. I made her feel somethings, like something she been missing. "Stop." She said.

"What did I do? How did I make you feel?" I asked taking a step closer to her, she took a step back. "I still have feelings for you, Kaylani. Don't end it like this." I said.

"lies, lies, lies! Stop!" She cried out.

"I love you Kaylani.." I whispered she heard me, but she ingorned it. She walked towards the edge again, Until we heard many people telling her to stop.

"Duke you ingorned me, while I tried telling you something rather important." She said, know turning around towards me. "Something that will change many things you know, but in a good way?" She added looking at my family along with hers. What? Theirs only 1 things she likes me back? I was confused and looked up at her. "I'm-" She paused. She sighed. "I'm sorry.." She said taking another step forwards.

"Kaylani!" Angel yelled through tears as she ran towards her.

"Stop Angel." Kaylani said swiftly. Angel know stood next me bailing her eyes out. I picked up Angel as she cried on my shoulder. "Kaylani what's wrong?" I asked.

"My life. My placement." She said.

"Theirs something else. What is it? You said your sorry, but you said it will change many things in a good way. What is it Kaylani?" I asked.

She just placed a hand on her lower stomach. "Understand?" She asked. I stared at her, I opened my mouth. "Yes ok?!" She yelled and started crying harder, I placed Angel down.

I walked up to her as she wasn't looking wrapping my arms around her, She tried fighting me off but I wouldn't let her go, I took the few blows, I couldn't block. "I love you Kaylani. You're not ending everything today or anytime soon." I said. rubbing her shouders, she calmed down slightly but still tried pushing me off. As everyone else also hugged her, We was a crying mess.

Once everyone was calm, Kaylani put a hand on her stomach again. "I'm carrying our child." She said against my chest as we was still hugging.

"I'm happy." I said and kissed her forehead, for the 1st time that week.

"Do you really love me?" She asked know pulling back slightly so she can look at me.

"I really do, and can't bare to lose you." I said.

"I love you too." She said quietly but I still heard her. "I felt lonely without you. Don't leave me again.." She said placing her head on my chest.

"I never left, I'm always here. I just need a while alone.." I said.

Everyone watched us.

"I missed you too much." She said.

"I love you too much." I said.

"Impossible." She chuckled.

We stared at each other.

I cupped her cheeks, "Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked her pressing our foreheads together.

"Yes." She said as she kissed me, Our lips pressed together once and for all.

We was finally together, through our troubles, pain and all. We're going to raise Angel together, Raise our munchkin together, Raise each other.

We both pulled away chuckling. Angel had came between us. The sun was setting, We both held up Angel. I had one leg, Kaylani had the other, Angel hands on our shoulder. We kissed again. "I love you." She whispered again against my lips.

"I love you too." I said as our lips pressed againist each others.

Her father clapped breaking us up. "Let's head home, Love birds." He said. We all walked together.

I loved her. She love me.

A/N - Wow..I really did that! Damn I'm proud! I'm the best..

I'm really over here hyping my self up for what reason? Don't know.

Um I'll start the new story some time between Monday and Friday. I really like this story, I mean like I laughed, I cried, writing this story. And I think it turned out very well reading some the comments you guys left. 2 people particular, not saying any user but pretty sure they know who. So far this my favorite story, but I think I'll like the next one more.

Thank you, for reading.