Chapter 15

Duke

   Kaylani was at the door with the kid from down the street, We all help Brena count the candy in different room, I was in the living room, I heard Kaylani talking to her. I ate some of brena candy while Listening, then the door close. Kaylani sniffed, She didn't come from the door so I came to her, she had her back agaisnt the door, her knee's to her chest crying. I sat next to her, I didn't say anything. "Think thats my sister..And my mom.." she whispered.

I sat their. "What?" I asked she looked up at me.

"The woman is familar, The girl she reminds me about my self, Her eyes are like my fathers, Her smile makes me feel safe like my mothers, also her face shapes is a perfect mix of my moms and dad like Caleb's. Her hair color is like my mothers. Her mother watched us for a while, and when she looked at me she seemed sorry, but flashed a small smile. The girl said I'm already like a big sister to me before running off." She said and cried harder. "My parents wanted a perfect child, a perfect family. I wasn't good enough, Caleb wasn't good enough!" She yelled.

I quickly hugged her as she cried on my shoulder, Everyone started coming. "It's okay." I whispered.

Caleb came down to her side help her up. He looked at me then Kaylani. "Whats wrong?" He asked wiping his cheek. She didn't reply then he looked at me, his brows knitted.

"I didn't do it. She claim that she saw her mom and her daughter. She said she wans't good enough for them and wasn't perfect." I said. Kaylani pulled away from Caleb going upstairs, My room I guess it's the only room she knows.

"She need space." Elijah said. "Duke explain more."

We all sat in the living room, as I explained.

Kaylani

I pulled away from Caleb going upstairs, to Duke's room.

"She need space." I heard Elijah said, He know me to well.

I sat on Dukes bed. How can she? Then askes me to baby sit her daughter. I need to actually talk to them. I went to the bathroom wiping off the make up, and changed my cloths, Into a hoddie and black leggings and went down stairs, nobody was paying attention, Brena, Jaxon, Duke, Elijah and Kaestle wasn't down stairs so probably in another room. Dukes mom and Elijah mom was in the kitchen cooking.

I grabbed Caleb car eyes and left, Driving to the same house. The woman sat outside, looking into the distance. She saw me and jumped up rushing inside. I walked up to the door knocking. "Just open the door." I said, the door opened slowly I stepped in.

She looked at me her eyes filled with sadness, and sorrow. "You've grown." She said.

"No duh,  you don't stay 8 your whole life and plus you left." I said showing no emotions. I shouldn't cry over somebody that doesn't care about me. My phone rung. "Your son, I gotta take this." I anwered. "Cal?"

"Kaylani where the fuck are you?" He asked.

"I'm coming back in 10 geez, calm down." I said.

"I didn't ask when your coming back. I said where are you." He said he actually sounded worried.

"I'm nearby." I said and hung up. I looked up at my mother. "Why? Why did you leave?" I whispered.

"Bae?" My dad voice called from the other room, assuming the kitchen or living room. He came out and saw me. "Kaylani." He said. Lights flashed to the window, "Who is that?" My dad asked my mother.

"Your fucking son. I'll be back another day to talk and see my sister. By-"

"Wait, We're sorry. We was going threw alot, We didn't have a choice." My dad said.