Chapter 8

Kaylani

Morning came, my head was lower than before and was on his chest, my hand right above his area. I quickly moved it looking up at him. "Morning.." I mumbled.

"Good afternoon you mean? Its 12:30.." He said.

I nodded. "When did you wake up?" I asked I actually cared how long he been laying there watching me sleep.

"Maybe since 11 something, I didn't want to wake you. Elijah said you can get moody if somebody woke you up." He said patting my head.

"So you been sitting here over an hour? Haven't used the bathroom or anything? Just because you was worrided about me being moody?" I asked taking small pauses but not giving him time to answer.

"Yes. Yes and No. I wasn't worried about you being moody. I just didn't want to wake you up. You had alot going on the pass few days, you needed the rest." He said.

I sat up, "You can go. I know you have to use the bathroom." I said. He smiled rushing to the restroom. I went to my room pick an outfit of the day, I picked a white graphic T-shirt and black ripped jeans, My style was different and confusing it changed a lot, so I had a lot of different color shirts, skirts, shorts, pants, hats, shoes and accessories. Once I got out some cloths I headed to the bathroom since Duke was already out.

After a shower, I got dressed, brushed me teeth and did my hair instend of leaving it down I french braided it in 4. Something new, I haven't had french braids since 9th grade. I headed out and Elijah and Duke was on the couch talking. Elijah said he's going to take his shower so we can talk, I sat next to Duke my head on his shoulder. "Thanks Duke." I said randomly.

"For what? I don't understand." He said.

"For helping me yesterday, I went through alot..And for this morning..You waited over an hour for me to wake up, before going to the bathroom." I said and paused. "Please don't hurt me..Please don't" I said.

"I wouldn't hurt you." He said resting his head on mines.

We sat like that for a while, before I moved. I looked at him, he still seemed sad about something. "Whats wrong?" I asked. He shook hishead telling me its nothing. "I havent apolgized correctly, Have I?" I asked. I said I was only sorry for not trusting him. I haven't apolgized for Accusing him, the letter I wrote that he found in his locker (In chapter 4), calling him Dumb, Ingorning him and telling him he can't talk to me. That's 80% of things I haven't apoglized for. "Im sorry. Im sorry for not trusting you, accusing you for those letters, that note I left in your locker, calling you Dumb, Ingorning you and everything else that I said or did to hurt you or upset you...Im sorry." I mumbled the last 'Im sorry'.

Duke rubbed my shoulder. "Im sorry for seeing Jessica behind your back, for kissing her cheek and snapping at you when you told her to leave." He said. Thats all he really had to apogize for he didn't really didnt do much more.

I nodded. I looked at him, I smiled lightly and kissed his cheek. "Apart of my apogly." I said pulling my lips a bit away from his cheek. "Accteped?" I ask sitting back down. "I acctep your apogly. Do you acctep mines?" I asked him.

"Yea, Of course." He said his cheeks was red. "I'll be back.I have to shower." He said as soon as the bathroom door opened.

I chuckled as he went to the bathroom. I explained what had just happened to Elijah.

"Do you actually, Like him?" Elijah asked in a hush toned.

"Um? What?" I said. He justed looked at me. "Yesterday I said I love him, I meant the same way I love you. As a friend." I explained. He looked at me like he knew something me nor Duke will admit. And he's right I won't admit my feelings because I don't know what my feelings are towards Duke just yet maybe soon.

I sat down watching tv, while Elijah went on a walk. After 10 boring minutes Duke came out in the usually, Black jeans and a hoodie. Duke slipped on his shoes, Elijah texted us to come down. We grabbed what we need and went down stairs.

~~~

We made it out to our distention, we ordered our food and drinks. We talked about random things for a while before we got our foods. I got chicken, with cheesy mashed poatoes and corn. Duke and Elijah got steak, mashed poatoes and green beans. We all ate and once it was time for the bill was all wanted to pay.

"So 1 check? Or?" The waitress asked.

"1, please." Duke said.

"No, 2." Elijah said. "And Kaylani don't you dare say anything. I know damn well your not helping you the female here so let us." He said. I didn't say anything know they was going to pay anyways.

"And plus you been buying the food when you go shopping." Duke added.

I guess he was right, I let them spilt the bill and we left. I also thanked them and we all got in the my car. Elijah was driving and me and Duke sat in the back keeping each other company.

We wasn't paying attention to where he was driving, The road got a bit bumpy grabbing our attention. We looked out the window and we was pulling up to a pumpkin patch. Once we parked we brought our tickets. We didn't even say anything about him bringing us to a pumpkin patch. We made tiktoks, took pictures and then we brought 2 pumpkins each. Then we headed to Starbucks we got pumpkin flavored drinks, and went to the store to get stuff to carve the pumpkins.

After our trip we went back to the dorm room. it was already 5:30 pm and we had left at 2. We started carving the pumpkins after "taking out the guts". We all carved a face on one of them and on the other was carved the first letter of our names.

We had ordered Mcdonalds for dinner, I ordered a nuggets and fries, Duke and Elijah got a Cheese burger and fries, and we already have cokes.

~~~

Our food arrived 15 minutes later, We watched horror movies, and ate our food.

We was watching 'A quiet place' We laughed, screamed, cried. After watching that movie I didn't want to sleep and I put on Charlie and the chocolate factory, I put my head down on Dukes chest, my body on his. His hands was on my back. "Good night, Dukey." I whispered falling asleep.