Chapter 1

Kaylani

I wasn't really a morning person, I mean alot of people aren't.

I got up at 5am to get ready, I have after noon classes that start at 2:30pm, but I have to to drive 5 hours to get there.

I took a quick shower, and rinsed my hair getting out to dry off and get dressed. I put on a loose white crop top and denim ripped jeans. I was trying to major in Nursery and Photography at the same time, which made my schedule packed.

I was living with my older brother over the breaks and lived in a dorm during school days.

Due to family issues, I wouldn't forgive my parents. I haven't seen them since my childhood and hoped to keep it that way.

My brother raised me since I was 8, he was 12, working simple jobs that he could to help me, when he was working he had me a nanny/Elijah; my bestfriend mother.

Once he finished 10th grade he dropped put; which was illegal, but he simple stop going to school and instead got a job during my school hours, then picked me up and take care of me.

He was the only person I cared about beside Elijah he had been my best friend, since I was 6.

My brother Caleb will decline everyone help and told everyone he had it under control as he was independentand liked to figure things out on his own. If he needed help he would've asked for it.

And that lead to this day I'm 20 years old, healthy and have a loving brother 24 year brother. I hugged my brother promising to call him during my free time and come home during breaks.

I grabbed my suit cases I already packed put them in my car and picked up Elijah. His mom pulled me put of the car giving me a tight hug sobbing on my shoulder, then pulling Elijah in. My shirt was soaked with her tears, "I'll miss you to Clair," I said pulling away and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Elijah put his stuff in the car and we hurried to leave.

~~~

We stopped at Denny's to get breakfast, I got Pancake, Egg and Bacon and Elijah got a omelet with Egg, Cheese, Bacon and sausage. We both got Orange Juice and shared the food. We had another 3 hours to drive by switched so Elijah was driving the car now. And I fell asleep.

~~~

Elijah woke me up once we got to the university we put all put stuff in the room which was like a apartment since we paid extra to have the special room, it had 3 identical bedroom, 1.5 bathrooms, living room, and a kitchen.

They said it's another boy staying with us me and Elijah picked our rooms, I picked the room that came wih a balcony, and a great view. Elijah pick the room closet to mines, the mysterious other guest will have the room with a bigger closet. I unpacked my cloths and shoes, putting them away. We had another hour before class, the other boy haven't came yet I closed my door placing my suit case infront of the door Elijah did the same as we headed down to the lobby going to the grocery store witch was 10 minutes away, We grabbed, food, drinks, snacks, seasoning, plates, forks, spoons, knifes, bowls, soap, toilet paper, paper towels, towels; the main necessities we now needed.

The food and drinks slowly last at least a month. It came out to the total of $493.68 we paid and left. I inherited almost $900k, from my dad and I saved my mom child support money from the pass 10 years when she left. We had help from the workers bring the food to our room. Once we got their it was the scent of somebody else cologne not going to lie but it smelt good. All the bags was on the counter when somebody came out of the unclaimed bedroom.